Tell Me

(Zeff x Reader)

His blue eye kept to your own. While you slung the small tie over and under. Before pulling gently and straightening the tie. He had grown. He was a young man, who still had no clue how to tie his own tie. This was your third lesson.

"Sanji."

He twitched as you glanced up to him.

"Y-Yes ma'am." He swallowed.

"Is there something on your mind?" You asked.

He shook his head turning away as he stuffed his hands in his pockets. You tilted his chin back to you.

"You can talk to me. There is nothing I will get mad about."

His eye flicked to you before back to his feet. He sat down on the floor beside you.

"I wanna know how you met the old man."

"Zeff? Oh. Jee that was a long time ago I couldn't-"

"You said I could talk to you. Come on please? I'm sure it's great."

You sighed resting back on your hands. Humming softly you shut your eyes.

"Well, it goes a little something like this...."

"Oh boy, rookies."

Turning your head a ban of pirates walked in. Your vice captain and you eyed the captain. He was tall, blonde, and a little different.

"Say, that face looks familiar. Has his face popped up in any bounties?"

"Red Leg Zeff, captain of the cook pirates.  Not too much of a bounty. Can't hold a penny to yours cap."

You hummed as you glanced to her then back to the captain. His eyes locked onto you. You felt your heart race, your breath was caught, eyes widened. You had to get out. Standing suddenly you startled your vice captain.

"Excuse me."

Then you darted out of the bar.

"(Y/N)!"

She was about to go after you when her wrist was grabbed. Turning she locked onto the eyes of the captain.

"Where did she go?"

You sighed sitting at the beach. Hand upon your heart feeling it beat wildly. His eyes. Those. Blue eyes, pulling you in. Luring you in with there siren song.

"Why now?" You muttered.

Your eyes narrowed to a shell. Furrowing you reached out only to have touched another hand. Snapping your head up you saw. Him.

"Y-you." You stammered.

You pulled away your hand and staggered back. Unsheathing your sword you stood strong.

"Oh, is this how we're gonna do this?" He asked cocking a brow.

"Why are you here?" You huffed.

He knelt down picking up the shell and brushed it off.

"Something told me to go after you."

You hesitated before sheathing your sword.

"(Y/N)." You spoke.

"Zeff." He rumbled.

You hummed crossing your arms.

"Care to buy a lady a drink?" You purred.

"Buy you one? Ha! Let me make you something." Zeff grinned.

"Make?" You cocked a brow.

"We're called the cook pirates for a reason."

"And then what happened?"

You turned to Sanji. He had a look in his eyes. That sparkle of love.

"Well, I fell in love. And Zeff did too. I hope. Things were sparking so well. Well. Until we had to part. To find our dreams. And. I never saw him again."

Sanji frowned as you sighed softly. You looked to your hands before back to him.

"And now I'm here. With you and him."

"Well! Are you guys going to get married! Have kids?"

"Maybe one day." You sighed tilting up his chin.

You patted his cheek softly before getting up.

"Let's go see what the old man has prepared."

You winked as Sanji grinned and headed out of the room. Only to run into Zeff outside the door. His face in a deep scowl and arms crossed.

"You heard?" Sanji asked.

"Boy, how would you like to help me?" Zeff smirked.

You sat at the breakfast table. Watching all the chefs cook away the meals for the morning. Sanji was preparing the potatoes for later. While Zeff was helping out the others. He soon stepped away to you. He plucked a flower from his breast pocket and handed it to you.

"Good morning love." He hummed.

You smiled taking the flower, "Thank you."

"Walk with me."

You wrapped your arm around his as you followed Zeff outside to the ship. You both stood looking at the sea. You took a breath and turned to him.

"What are we doing here?" You asked.

"I've owed you for a long time now." He sighed.

You cocked a brow, moving your hand up to his shoulder. He took your hand slipping a ring onto your finger.

"Will you do me the honor of marrying me?" He asked.

Looking down to your finger and seeing a silver ring with a blue pearl.

"I thought you'd never ask." You smiled.