Pure

(Enel x Reader)

Sitting upon a cloud. Dressed in white. Gold rope wrapped your form while your feet were bare. Your head tilted up to enjoy the warmth of the sun on your skin. You perked up when the sun was suddenly covered. Fluttering open your eyes. The porcelain white of his wing covered the sun blocking its harsh rays to your slightly burnt skin.

"Darling. I know you love the sun but you will burn yourself if you sit out here too long." His voice spoke so deep. Yet so gentle and caring.

"Enel. I'm fine. So what if I get a little red. I'll live." You hummed.

"My goddess of the sunshine, please. Come with me." He spoke.

You turned to him folding your wings behind your back. He dipped down holding out his hand.

"I must show you something."

Sighing with a smile you took his hand. He helped you up and walked you over to the village of where you two had come from. But you frowned as he took you past the village.

"Where are we going?"

"Ah my darling goddess. It's a surprise." He winked.

Rolling your eyes you kept to the blonde haired man. His lips pulled into a smile and walked with eagerness. He soon stopped in front of you, folding out his wings blocking the path before the two of you.

"Now cover your eyes my darling."

Giggling softly you covered your eyes. Enel took your hands and lead you into a small home. Once he shut the door he kissed you softly and pulled back.

"Here my darling. Our home."

Fluttering open your eyes you smiled to the large home. He looked to have sculpted such a beautiful home by himself. Smiling wide you turned to him.

"Our home?" You asked.

"Why of course anything for my goddess. You and me and nothing else in this world to stand in our way. Were gonna be gods my darling." Enel had that look in his eyes, wanting more, when he didn't appreciate what he had, "Don't you like it?"

"Of course I do. But." Your hand wrapped around his arm, "Nothing stand in our way? What if I want to settle down and. Have children."

Enel smiled scooping you up and lead you down into the home.

"What's stopping us? As long as they have your beauty they will kneel before our family. And-"

You put a finger to his lips.

"Or. We can take a step at a time. And maybe. We will be gods one day. But today. I just want you. Enel."

Chuckling softly he kissed your forehead.

"Why of course my dear."

But.

That was a long time ago.

A poacher sliced off both of your wings. And left you both for dead. Enel survived. But. You were not strong enough. So. He was set on fulfilling the both of your dream.

And became a god.

Enel sat on his throne his head tilted up at the sun. He took in the warmth it was raiding off. Just like you would. He imagined your warm kisses and touch. He soon looked down to his hand. To two small golden rings. One on his ring finger and the second on his pinky.

So you two could always be together. Maybe not in life. But. In death as well.