Little Ace

A/N: It's sad. But it's cute.
(Luffy x Reader)

Your tail batted against the deck. While Luffy's ear was pressed to your bloated stomach. The crew stood around as a small group of mermaids were in the water behind you. This wasn't really a goodbye but. I'll see you soon. You had grown pregnant with the future king of the pirates child. But. The baby can only be born in the water. Then once they has grown some. They will join back to the crew and continue your adventures. But. Until then. You had to part ways.

Luffy felt the small being push against his face having him grin. He pulled back and kissed your belly.

"We haven't decided on a name." You said.

"If it's a boy, can we name him Ace?" Luffy asked.

"Alright. And a girl?"

He looked up at you, "Um. You pick."

Luffy embraced you as you held him back. He clutched tighter knowing of the battle you will have to face alone. Without anyone you knew, or any familiarity with you. He sniffled pulling back, his eyes watery and lips quivering.

"I don't want you to go." He sniffles.

You giggle cupping his face and kissed his forehead. Once you pulled back you rested your forehead against his. His hand was placed upon yours, you smiled.

"I know. But I have to do this myself. You go on as many adventures as you can. Make as many friends, find rare things, but. Don't forget about me. Okay?"

He nodded and sniffled, "Okay. I promise."

You embraced once more with the crew. Most of them cried, Luffy, Sanji, Franky, and Brook. Mostly Sanji and Luffy though. But as you were pulled away Luffy lowered you into the water as the mermaids swam closer to help you into the water. You took Luffy's rubber hand and pressed it to your cheek.

"I love you. I always will." You said.

"I love you too." He sobbed.

He slowly retracted his hand as the water inched closer up your body. Until you disappeared under the blue water with the many other mermaids. So. Began the waiting game.

Luffy wasn't his normal self. He sat fishing everyday looking over the edge of the ship. He didn't play, didn't cause trouble, and surprisingly ate very little. He didn't want to miss you coming back. Luffy sat, waiting, for days. Which turned into weeks, then turned into months. Three to be exact. He didn't give up hope. Sometimes Sanji would come and join him, or Zoro. Just to give him some company. But. They were brushed off or ignored.

"Eat."

Luffy turned to Sanji holding a giant meat on the bone. He turned away and back to the water.

"I'm not hungry." He muttered.

Sanji groaned, "Eat."

"I said I'm not hungry."

"I've had it with your hunger strike! Your not you Luffy! Do you want (Y/N) to come back to you dead?! Or ill because you were waiting for her?!"

Luffy remained quiet his lips pursed in a line.

"Also Luffy, you need to bathe. God knows how long you've been sitting there." Zoro added.

"Do you know how upset (Y/N) will be when she returns to you in this state? Whatever is taking her so long is obviously important or she can't return to us yet. But she still is a strawhat. She will return Luffy." Sanji said.

He turned to Sanji with tears in his eyes, "I just miss her." 

Sanji sighed as Luffy hopped off the railing and embraced Sanji. Clutching onto his suit he gave muffled cried onto his shirt. The blonde embraced Luffy back and looked up to the crew.

"I know. We all do." Sanji said.

It's been a full year since you had left. The crew knew a piece of them was missing since you left. But. They knew to keep going. They pulled up to an island to get some supplies. Luffy went to explore when a little boy ran into him. He fell back where Luffy caught him.

"Whoa you okay buddy?" He asked.

Luffy furrowed noticing the boy wore a large straw hat, a t shirt, and some shorts. His feet were dirty and bare like his hands. He tilted up his hat and looked up to Luffy. They both blinked, it was like they were looking in a mirror. The boy was identical to Luffy.

"Who are you?" Luffy asked.

The boy frantically rummaged in his pocket and pulled out a wanted poster. Which. Was Luffy's. The boy backed up slowly.

"Don't run. It's okay I won't hurt you."

"Momma!" The boy cried.

Luffy perked up, he turned hoping to see you. Seeing if this was were you had been this whole time. But. Out of the bushes another woman with long wavy blue hair pinned up to her head. The boy frantically ran to her and hid behind her blue dress. Her amber eyes glanced to Luffy and gasped.

"Momma. Who's that man?"

"Ace, that man. Is your father." She said.

The boy turned to Luffy, the woman motioned Luffy to follow her. Luffy followed them into a small town and a small hut on a hill. Luffy looked inside hoping to see you. But alas. You weren't there.

"Ace why don't you go play for a while." She said.

He nodded before going into his room.

"What's going on? Where's (Y/N)?" Luffy asked.

"There. Was a complication during Ace's birth."
She sat down fiddling with her dress. Luffy sat beside her while she took his hand.

"(Y/N) had a choice to make." She started, "She gave her life to let Ace live and find you. Walk with you, and he with you. After all she wanted what was best for you."

Ace peaked through the door looking to Luffy. He opened the door and headed out to Luffy. He put his tiny hand on Luffy's knee. He smiled pulling the boy into an embrace. Ace embraced Luffy before he pulled back with tears in his eyes.

"I'm sorry I was born." He sobbed.

Luffy's smile faded, "Don't say that. I still have you. So. You gonna come with me?"

Ace smiled, "Really? You let me come with you?"

"Well you are my kid aren't you?"

He boy smiled wide, before they embraced.

"How old are you?" Luffy asked.

"Six!" He grinned.

"Sirens grow fast. So be careful of that." She said.

Luffy took Ace with him down to the ship where he met the crew. They welcomed the boy with open arms. Ace showed off his half seahorse power. While they took baths or went swimming. Luffy saw some of you in Ace too. He may look like Luffy but he was just like you.

"Dad! I wanna get out now!"

Luffy stretched down to Ace pulling the boy out of the water. He cried out as he was launched in the air. Usopp Luffy and Chopper freaked out trying to catch him. But Zoro caught him in a towel.

"Watch it next time Luffy." Zoro said.

Luffy chuckled.