Patience

A/N: OH BOY OH BOY! My cat gave birth last night after work. She had two baby boys. One looks like my cat Asce. And the other is a darker version. I got to name one. Can you guess the name before the end of the chapter?

(Ace x Pregnant Reader)

"It's happening!"

Everyone perked up to you holding your swollen stomach. Ace took your side and picked you up. You smiled wrapping your arms around him and kissed him softly.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

Panic was in his eyes, as you smiled to him.

"I'm alright."

Ace helped you down into the nurses room. They perked up to you before gasping. They helped you into a bed right away before kicking Ace out.

"But I-"

"You don't want to stress her out." A nurse said.

Then slammed the door in his face. He pressed his ear to the door. Hearing soft chatter between the nurses and you. Your brothers waited on deck while Thatch was preparing some stuff for you to eat. Helping you get your strength up.
Ace slumped to the floor frowning at the door. He scratched at it softly with his fingernail. He pressed his forehead to the door.

"I'm alright." You said.

He perked up and smiled, "Is there anything I can get you? Or do?"

"You should go check on pops and the others. It will be a while." You said.

"Will you be alright?"

"I'll be fine."

Ace nodded, as he headed out onto the deck. Everyone turned to him as he fiddled with his tassel on his hat.

"Well? How is she?" Haruta asked.

"She says she will be okay. And wanted me up here."

"Then lets party to celebrate!" Marco said.

They all cheered before booze was broken out and was food. But. Ace sat by the door. He looked to his half tankard full of booze. He rolled it around in his glass frowning down to his reflection.

"Ace." Whitebeard called.

He perked up to Whitebeard turning to him from the arm of his chair. He motioned him closer earning Ace to approach him. Whitebeard guzzled down his tankard before turning to Ace.

"You've got nothing to worry about. My daughter can handle anything."

That was before your screams broke out. Then died down. Whitebeard cringed clutching onto his chair.

"That's a sound I thought I'd never hear again." Whitebeard grumbled.

"The sound of a woman in pleasure or in pain?" Ace smirked.

Whitebeard smacked him upside the head. Ace grumbled rubbing his head. As Whitebeard sighed softly. He turned to the ocean and smiled softly.

"For my grandchild, I wouldn't want anything less of piece from the Roger pirates and the Whitebeard pirates. A child of truce."

Ace looked down to his tankard, "Do you think, he'd, be proud of me?"

Whitebeard chuckled, "If he isn't, then I'll knock him in the head."

As night fell, Ace still sat on deck. Finally distracted by his brothers by playing games. Or getting drunk. Until things stopped. A nurse stepped out she held a bloody rag in her hands. Everyone grew quiet as Ace stepped up to her.

"You may see her now."

Ace was the first to slowly approach her. Then began to pick up pace as he got to you. Practically bolting to the door. Then froze before the door.

Were you okay?

Was the child okay?

What happened?

He slowly pushed open the door before stepping inside. He pushed back his hat back as you smiled to him. Beads of sweat sat on your body. While your hair was tussled and a mess. You smiled to him holding a blanket in your arms. Ace stood beside you peppering your face in kisses before turning to the blanket.

"It's a boy." You said.

Lifting the blanket Ace watched as the boy was a spitting image of himself. He grinned as the boy furrowed and pouted slightly. You giggled softly turning to Ace.

"Well, do you have a name?" You asked.

"Rogue."

"No."

"What! That's a badass name!"

"Yeah no."

"Awe come on (Y/N)."

"I guess we shall wait for the perfect name."

He pouted, "Fine."

You giggled kissing him softly. Before slipping your son into his arms. Ace pulled back looking to the small boy. His dark large eyes looked to his father. Still confused of who this man was.

"Wow. He's like a mini me."

"Besides his hair. And nose." You said.

"He's beautiful."

You giggled, "Why don't you go show the others. I need to rest."

"Sure."

He grinned kissing you softly before leaving you to rest. As he left to show the crew. Everyone flocked to him and your son.

"What's his name?" Thatch asked.

"I'm not sure, we'll find one." Ace shrugged.

"Why not name him Thatch?" Teach grinned.

"Thatch?"

"Yeah, I mean he does go all out to feed us and all. And does fish you and Marco out of the sea when you fall in. Not to mention he helped with (Y/N)'s cravings."

Thatch blushed, "Come on guys I'm not all-"

"Thatch it is." Ace grinned.

Everyone cheered for Baby Thatch. Ace told you later that night and you did agree to that.

That's not the reason why Teach brought up his name.

But....

In memory of the original.

Because that night when everyone was asleep. Teach, killed Thatch in cold blood, for a devil fruit.

You stood holding baby Thatch. Everyone scrambled around looking for the man who did this. You held close Thatch.

"That's why. He convinced us to name him Thatch."

His name is Thatch.