Stuck

(Shanks x Reader)

You wiggled but you were still stuck. The ice had formed around your hips and kept you in place. While you had to wait for the red haired bastard who claimed he would be back soon.
But that was two days ago.

Then it started to snow and that's how you got stuck like this. I mean it's not like you could die like this. You've been in colder water.

You perked up to the crunching in the snow. You frowned to him. Shanks, the redhaired bastard that left you alone for two days. He chuckled as he stepped onto the ice and knelt before you.

"I didn't mean for you to wait in this exact spot."

You stuck your tongue out at him, "Get me out."

"Alright alright. Relax."

You rolled your eyes as he pulled out his sword cutting into the ice. Cutting away some of the ice before he pulled you out. You pulled yourself up onto the ice and grinned. You brushed off some ice off your tail before looking up to Shanks.

"I saved your life now you owe me." He hummed.

"I don't owe you squat! I was stuck in the ice because of you!"

You dove into the hole in the ice. Going back into the water.

"Hey wait no! Come back. Please."

You bobbed your head out.

"Here look I have something for you."

You pulled yourself up onto the ice, "What is it?"

Shanks pulled out a small bottle before handing it to you.

"Here drink it."

"Why should I?"

"Cause then you can be human like me. But when you return to the water you become a mermaid again."

You took the bottle before looking at it.

"I'm sorry I made you wait so long, they were hard people to find. And when I did they overpriced me. But I got it."

"We can finally be together." You muttered.

"And you can still be apart of the sea."

Without hesitation you uncorked the bottle before drinking it. Once you finished you set it down and looked back to. Your tail. Shanks frowned as you sighed looking to your fins.

"I figured it was too good to be true."

Shanks sighed taking your hand, "I won't give up."

You smiled as the two of you kissed softly. You pulled back and shuddered.

"Shanks I'm cold."

You looked to your legs and your eyes widened.

"It worked."

Shanks grinned before getting up. He pulled off his cloak and draped it over your shoulders.

"Come on darling, let's go show the others."

He helped you up as the two of you walked to the ship.