Sunshine

(Kizaru x Reader)

Blood. It pooled around you. Weakening you as you lied on the ground behind a large rock. You hissed as the pain waved over you. The war was finally over.

It was over.

People ran around looking for the wounded. While you lied there dying. Until a gleam of light appeared next to you. Kizaru appeared before kneeling down before you. You smiled turning to him.

"Oh good your still alive." He sighed.

You gave a breathless chuckle, "Yeah. I'm sorry I have to end on such a sour note. I was hoping one day we could run away together and-"

He hushed you cupping your cheek, "I'll get help. I'm an admiral remember, they can do what I say no matter what-"

You lifted tour shirt to the gash across your stomach.

"It's not that easy."

"I can still get someone to help and."

"Kizaru. I'm a pirate. I'm no marine, I'm nothing. I'm. Just an affair that a marine had with."

You turned back to the sky. You breathing getting more and more shallow.

"That's not true. You mean so much to me. There's still gotta be a way I can save you."

You smiled softly, "Borsalino, there is."

"Then I'll do anything to save you."

"Sing."

"Sing?"

You nodded, "Sing for me."

He sighed as he took your hand and placed it to his cheek.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine." He sung soft and slow.

You smiled brushing your thumb over his cheek.

"You make me happy. When skies are gray." He hushed, "You'll never know dear. How much I love you."

He watched as your eyes got heavy and soon shut. While a tear rolled down your cheeks. Kizaru hiccuped as he swallowed thickly.

"Please, don't take my sunshine away." He cried.

You soon awoke to a room of white. You glanced around to the many daffodils and yellow flowers surrounding you. A hand placed to yours as you turned to Kizaru.

"Good morning Sunshine." He smiled.