Twice as Hard

(Young Garp)

He watched as a young woman held that fruit. Garp bit his bottom lip as he knew the original owner of such power. Passed on. Leaving behind such a powetful fruit. And painful memories. Just as she was about to take a bite of the dark flesh of the fruit. Garp turned away, the vice captain turned to him as did Sengoku.

"I need a moment."

Garp stepped away having Sengoku sigh. The vice captain turned to him confused before looking to her fruit.

"Is there something wrong Sir?" She asked.

"You see, that fruit belonged to a past lover of Garp's. She was a pirate...."

"Leaving so soon?"

Garp turned to you as your delicate hand touched his shoulder. Your eyes dark red with the power of your fruit. Garp warned you that this power was going to be hard. And it could change you. But. How else could you follow him if you were weaker then him?

He turned to you as your glowing red eyes frowned to him. He smirked pulling on his uniform.

"You know I must." He said.

"Then we will meet at sea once again hm? Battle for three days, only to meet in the bedroom once more."

"Like always."

You giggled sitting up, you hugged your knees as he pulled on his pants.

"Garp."

He turned to you, "Yeah?"

"Do you think I'd have a chance if I turned myself in?"

"God I hope so. I'd hate to witness your death."

"And I'd hate to see you grieve over my death. Why don't you stay until dawn? Please?"

"You know I can't I-"

You held his hand, "Please Garp."

He sighed, "Alright, until dawn."

Sengoku turned to the Vice Captain cocking her head.

"The Black Raven (Y/N) was soon killed by some rogue marines. Leaving behind her fruit."

The vice captain looked to her fruit before standing. Sengoku furrowed as the girl ran out of the room. Where she soon stood before Garp's office. She knocked on the door before she pushed it open. Garp's office was dismayed as he was barried in the palms of his hands. He looked up to her as she rolled the fruit to him. He sniffled picking up the fruit.

"W-what are you doing?"

"It's not my place to bare such a fruit."

"It's alright you can-"

"No, I lost someone too because of that fruit."

He blinked, "What do you mean?"

"She, she saved me."

"Please."

You coughed up some blood. The small girl sniffled crying before you. Your breath ragged as the two of you were in the forest. You placed a orange between her hands and cupped yours around her.

"This gift is mine to you my dear. I want you to run, be free to be who you want to be. And maybe, just maybe your paths will cross once more because of such a fruit. If you ever find him, I want you to tell him my gift is safe with you. Now go my dear, run, run as far as you can. And always remember, I am the sun, the sky, the wind, and the rain. I am always with you, I love you."

Tears pooled from her eyes as you staggered up. She watched as your body puffed into a black powder and turned into a raven. She cried out for you as you went off to fight that battle. Only to fail. And the orange soon turned black with swirls and a green leaf.

"So, Garp. Could you tell me more about my mother?"