Satisfied

(Gol D. Roger x Reader) Satisfied, Hamilton

"May you always be satisfied." You smiled.

You stepped away from the couple. As you blended in with the crowd of people. Tears threatened to fall as you clutched your dress and headed to the balcony. You rested against the balcony clutching on the railing.

"(Y/N) you were right he will never be satisfied." You sighed.

"I'll remember this night, I just might regret that night for the rest of my days. I'll remember those pirate boys tripping over themselves to win our praise. I'll remember that dreamlike candlelight like a dream that you can't quite place, but Roger, I'll never forget the first time I saw your face. I'll never been the same, Intelligent eyes in a hunger-pang frame, And when you said "Hi," I forgot my dang name, set my heart aflame, ev'ry part aflame."

"You strike me as a woman who's never been satisfied."

You perked up from your drink at the bar. You turned to the man grinning a smile but a dangerous look in his eyes. His facial hair curled out from his nose. You rested on your palm.

"I'm sure I don't know what you mean. You forget yourself."

He chuckled drinking down his tankard, "You're like me. I'm never satisfied."

"Is that right?"

"I have never been satisfied."

"My name is Portgas D. (Y/N)."

"Gol D. Roger."

You stiffened, "The pirate king?"

He glanced to you and grinned, "Why yes."

"How did you get here?"

"Unimportant. There's a million things haven't done but just you wait, just you wait..."

"So so so— so this is what it feels like to match wits with someone at your level! What the hell is the catch? It's the feeling of freedom, of seein' the light. The conversation lasted two minutes, maybe three minutes, ev'rything we said in total agreement, it's a dream and it's a bit of a dance, a bit of a posture, it's a bit of a stance. He's a bit of a flirt, but I'm 'a give it a chance. I asked about how he got here, did you see his answer? His hands started fidgeting, he looked askance? He's a pirate, he's flying by the seat of his pants. Handsome, boy, does he know it! I wanna take him far away from this place, then I turn and see my sister's face and she is..."

You turned back to the ballroom seeing Rouge. She had that lovestruck look in her eyes. She was helpless in love. Roger kept his eyes to his drink while you turned back to him. You took a breath and grabbed his arm. He stammered but followers after you.

"Where are you taking me?" He asked.

"I'm about to change your life." You said.

You both stood before Rouge while they both had an unbroken gaze on each other.

"I'm Portgas D. Rouge. It's an honor to meet you." She said.

"Portgas?" He glanced to you.

"My sister."

"If it takes sailing the seas for us to meet. It will have been worth it." He winked.

"I know my sister like I know my own mind, you will never find anyone as trusting or as kind. If I tell her that I love him she'd be silently resigned, he'd be mine. She would say, "I'm fine"

She's be lying.

"May you always be satisfied." You smiled.

You stepped away from the couple. As you blended in with the crowd of people. Tears threatened to fall as you clutched your dress and headed to the balcony. You rested against the balcony clutching on the railing.

"Nice going (Y/N), you were right he will never be satisfied." You sighed.

You sighed and looked up to the stars.

"But when I fantasize at night it's Roger's eyes, as I romanticize what might have been if I hadn't sized him up so quickly. At least my dear Rouge will be his wife; at least I keep his eyes in my life...."

Leave a comment if I should write more Roger.