Breakfast

Luke: 

"Psst… (y/n), wake up," Luke whispered quietly in your ear.

You smiled and opened an eye, “morning, babe,” you said, snuggling back into the blankets.

"No no no, don’t go back to sleep; I made breakfast!" he shook your shoulder lightly.

"Alright, alright, I’m getting up," you responded, sitting up in the bed. You stretched and yawned, stepping out of the blankets and on to the cold floor. Luke grabbed your hand and walked you to the kitchen, gesturing for you to sit down in one of the chairs at the table.

The table was set up nicely, with plates stacked high with pancakes, bacon, and eggs. 

"You made all this?" you asked as you sat down, stealing a piece of bacon from Luke’s plate.

Luke smiled proudly and nodded, sitting in the chair opposite to you.

You took a bite of syrup-soaked pancake, “delicious.”

Calum:

"Wakey wakey my darling little sunshine," Calum chirped, rubbing your shoulder.

You groaned and rolled over.

"(Y/n), (Y/n), hey (Y/n), wake up. The sun is shining, the birds are chirping…" you groaned again, "and I made you breakfast!"

You sighed and opened your eyes, Calum’s face hovering directly over yours.

"Breakfast?"

"Mmmhmm… may or may not involve waffles…"

You sat up, only now noticing the plate in Calum’s hand, and the other on the nightstand next to your bed.

He handed you the plate in his hand and climbed over you to the other side of the bed, grabbing his plate on the way.

"Breakfast in bed!" he said, tucking your feet under the blanket. "Eat up!"

Michael:

"Can you get me an egg and the milk?" you asked Michael. 

The two of you had decided to make breakfast together this morning.

You cracked the egg that Michael handed you on the side of the bowl and stirred in the flour, milk, oil, and sugar.

"You forgot the baking powder," Michael smiled, handing you the container and kissing your cheek.

"I was just about to get that!" you replied teasingly, adding the last ingredient.

"Chocolate chips?" you asked, holding up the bag.

"Obviously."

You poured the batter in the pan, watching it golden and bubble, and the chocolate melt.

When they were finished, you flipped 2 large chocolate chip pancakes onto each of your plates.

"Orange juice?" Michael asked as he pulled out the carton from the fridge.

"Definitely," you smiled.

You set the plates down and Michael poured 2 glasses of orange juice.

"Bon appetite."

Ashton:

You walked into the kitchen still half asleep. You rubbed your tired eyes and yawned, surprised to see Ashton up. “Morning,” you said quietly, giving him a quick kiss before opening the cupboard, pulling out a box of cereal.

"Oh, I was gonna cook…" Ashton said, glancing at the box in your hand.

"You were? Sounds great!" you put back the cereal and hopped onto the counter. "What’re you making?" 

Ashton smiled sheepishly, “I was thinking French toast, is that okay?”

You smiled, “That sounds perfect to me.”

You helped him grab the ingredients and stir them in a bowl, and Ashton dipped the bread slices into the cinnamon-egg-milk mix, placing them in the pan.

You and Ashton went to sit down at the table, exchanging kisses and the dreams you had the night before, completely forgetting the french toast.

You wrinkled your nose and furrowed your eyebrows. “Is something burni-” you had barely a second of recognition before the fire alarm went off.

"The french toast!" you and Ashton both exclaimed at the same time. Your puppy, Sasha, was whimpering in the corner at the noise, and the house was slowly starting to smoke up.

Ashton darted to the kitchen, turning off the stove and placing the pan- with the toast in it- under running water as you opened windows. 

Finally, the smoke cleared and the alarm stopped, you and Ashton both let out a breath. 

You stood at Ashton’s side and looked at the burned/ soggy french toast in the sink.

You spoke in between laughs, “maybe we should’ve just gone with the cereal.”

FOLLOW @DEHMURE ON INSTAGRAM FOR A DEDICATION :-)