Amnesia (His POV)

Calum: "I drove by all the places we used to hang out, getting wasted. I thought about our last kiss, how it felt, the way it tasted." 

My fingers drummed against the steering wheel of my car to a poor beat. There was a reason I was the bassist and not the drummer. Some song played lowly on the radio as I turned the corner and into a familiar street. My eyes flickered to the side of the road, where the local park was, and my heart skip a beat, just remembering all the times we’d come down her and just drink until we were absolutely wasted. I pull my car to the side when I see her, and it makes me smile. She’s laughing, sitting on the swings just like when we’d hang out - seeing her - it was like a memory playing in my head. Only wasn’t the one making her laugh. My smile disappears when he comes into my view. 

Her new boyfriend. My replacement. I swallowed hard at the sight, and almost as if she can feel me staring, her eyes look up and meet mine. I should be embarrased, and I should look away, but I don’t. I stare back at her, and she looks down, and plays with her hands, mumbling something to her boyfriend before walking toward me. I tear my eyes from hers and now I’m the one looking at my hands. 

"Knock knock," Her voice is muffled through the glass window of my car as I hear her knuckles tap against it. Without looking up, I unlock the door, and it opens. She gets inside and shuts the door behind her. We’re silent for a bit- then she speaks up. "You can’t keep doing this." 

"Doing what?"

"Looking at me like-like I’ve done something wrong," She whispers. 

"You have done something wrong," I remind her. "You’re with him and not me, and that’s wrong." I point out, and she purses her lips. 

"He’s good to me." She’s quiet as she speaks. 

"And I wasn’t?" I scoff. 

"You were great, Cal," She smiles softly at me, almost like she feels sorry for me, and I roll my eyes, leaning my head back. "But we weren’t good for each other."

"We fought a lot, so what? All good couples do," 

"Not as much as we did, Cal," She shakes her head. "Calum." She says my full name, correcting herself for saying her usual nick name for me. Cal. I missed hearing her voice say my name. 

"Give me one more chance," My voice cracks in the slightest, and just the sound of it makes her eyes well up with tears. "I’ll do so much better." 

"Calum, I’m doing this for you. For me. For us.” She promises. “This-This relationship we have is not good for either of us, it isn’t fair. We always end up hurting each other, and I can’t hurt you anymore.” She opens the door. “We can’t talk anymore.”

"No, come on, stay with me, we can do this-"

"Calum," She warns in a shaky voice. "Delete my number. Forget my name. Forget it all." She pleads. "Because that’s what I’m doing," She sniffles, before closing the door and walking back to her rebound. I feel myself choke back a sob, and I lean my head back against the car seat. I wish I could wake up with amnesia… 

Luke: Sometimes I start to wonder was it just a lie? If what we had was real, how could you be fine? ‘Cause I’m not fine at all. 

You’re staring at her again,” Michael remarks as he nudges me, but I don’t tear my eyes away from her. “Dude,” He scoffs. “Stop it, you’re beginning to creep even me out.” 

I get up and out of my seat. “I’m gonna talk to her.” 

"Don’t do that," He sighs, looking up at her. "Come on, man, our food is gonna be here in a minute, then we can leave this restaurant. She’s with her new boyfriend-"