'Speak Now Or Forever Hold Your Peace'

M I K E Y

You stood at the altar, underneath hanging baskets of roses and various assortments of flowers. This was finally it. You were being wed to the love of your life that very day. You looked at your fiance, soon to be husband, and smiled tentatively. He smiled back at you, giving you a slight wink. "If anyone has any reason these two should not be wed, please speak now or forever hold your peace," There was silence for a few seconds, and you smiled a bit wider, when someone in the front pew stood up. "I can't do this," a familiar voice said. "I'm in love with you, (y/n). I have been even before you started dating (y/f/n). And, you know, if you don't love me, that's fine, but I don't think you should marry him, because he's not the right guy for you. I'm not going to say I am, because I'm not that self-centered, but I think you're making an awful decision, and I'm not going to just sit here and watch you get married at 20 years old, okay?" He said. You flushed a deep red and looked over at your fiancé. "I-I'm sorry..." You said. "No..." your fiancé said, seemingly lost in thought. "He's right... getting married at 20? What the hell were we thinking?" His eyes widened. "I'm sorry, (y/n), I think we've got to wait." Your mouth dropped open as you watched him walk away, Michael not far in front of him.

C A L

"...speak now or forever hold your peace." The preacher said, looking around the room. You looked at your fiancé, who you met two years ago when your were shopping for his band's merchandise. He smiled back at you, his eyes crinkling at the sides. "I love you, Ashton," you mouthed. "I love you, too," he mouthed back, but his eyes lacked the affection you expected. "Very well..." the preacher started. "Wait," Calum said, stepping out from behind Ashton, where best men usually stood, and in between the two of you. "I have something I have to get off of my chest before you two are officially wed." He said, swallowing deeply. "I-I think I'm in love with (y/n)." He said, eyes wide. You were paralyzed in shock, unable to think straight or move at all. He looked over at you, apologies written all over his face. "I know the timing's bad, but I can't stand the thought of being in love with my best friend's wife." he sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Oh my God..." you muttered. "I can't do this..." You said, backing away from the altar. "I-I'm sorry, Ash." You turned and ran as far away from the church as you possibly could.

A S H

Ashton sent you a wink, making you giggle. "Stop it," you whispered, although you didn't really mean it. He poked your side with his finger, and you were hardly able to contain your laughter. "And now, if anyone should have a reason that these two should not be happily wed, please speak now, or forever hold your peace." "No one better say anything..." You heard Ashton's little brother, Harry, mutter, making the two of you giggle. For some reason, you were expecting someone to oppose. The boys gave you a thumbs up from behind Ashton, and your maid of honor gave you an encouraging nudge. "Very well, you may kiss the bride," Ashton beamed, wrapping an arm around your waist, dipping you and kissing you rather passionately for a wedding. After all, there were children around. You felt his laughter rumble against your lips, and your could no longer contain yours. He rested his forehead against yours. "I love you, Mrs. (Y/n) Irwin," He whispered, standing you upright. "I love you, too, Mr. Ashton Irwin."

L U K E Y

You were sitting in the front at one of your best friend's weddings. You looked over at Ashton, Calum, and Michael, who all looked exceptionally handsome in their tuxedos. Your gaze then unwillingly drifted to Luke, who was looking at his bride-to-be lovingly. You felt a lump in your throat and tried to swallow it. You felt Liz's hand on yours and immediately felt better. She knew how you felt. It really wasn't a secret, but somehow Luke never figured it out, and someone better came his way. His fiance was extremely beautiful, with long, dark hair and bright green eyes. She looked like something off of a magazine cover. She made you feel exceptionally ordinary. "...speak now, or forever hold your peace..." You heard the words being spoken and drew in a breath. You had to do this. You stood up, legs shaking, and all heads turned to look at you. "L-luke I-I..." you stuttered, looking at the boys for support. "Y-you can't get married to her. You can't get married because I'm in love with you and I can't stop thinking about you and if you get married I'll never find anyone as good as you, and you'll already be taken and..." you trailed off, knowing your argument wasn't a very compelling one. You sighed, turning around, ready to leave. When Luke didn't say anything, you left the church. The boys burst through the door shortly after you. "(Y/n), that was brilliant! You finally did it! The timing was bloody awful, but you changed his mind," Calum grinned, and you perked up. "I did what?" "Luke Hemmings is now single, and probably looking for the girl that single-handedly ruined his wedding. So... go talk to him. And you might want to avoid anyone in association with the bride. Just a friendly tip." Ashton smiled, shoving you away encouragingly. Unable to contain a small smile, you left the room, looking for the blonde-haired boy you had fallen in love with.

FOLLOW @DEHMURE ON INSTAGRAM FOR A DEDICATION :-)