Hold You (Song Preference)

And I keep saying, wait just one more day, days slowly drift away…

IRWIN: It was hard. With Ashton travelling around the world, you were stuck at home. With the new album coming up, it was hard to keep in touch. Timezones weren’t helping either. Days of sleepless nights has taken your toll on you. You needed him, and you didn’t know how long you could last without him. Your skype rings and you go and answer it to find Ashton on the other side of the screen. 

"Hey Y/N! I’m sorry we couldn’t talk for awhile, we’ve been pretty busy," he said happily, "It’s going great. I can’t wait for you to hear. Are you alright?" 

"Ash, I don’t know if I can do this any longer," you muster up, "I miss you. I need you."

"I miss you too, babe. Few more days Y/N and I’ll be home. You can do it." 

And I can hold to the memories, but they won’t hold me in the same way…

HOOD: "Y/N, I don’t know if we can do this."

"We can always try Cal. Please don’t."

"I will always love you. But it has to be." 

It’s been 2 months since Calum broke up with you. He didn’t think a long distance relationship would work. You left countless messages and voicemails on his phone, but you gave up. He never answered them. You always find yourself looking through all photographs during your relationship remembering the memories you both shared. But it made you hurt more, making that hole in your heart bigger and bigger. While you were mindlessly scrolling through your computer, your phone rang. You picked it up, not looking at the caller ID. 

"Y/N, we need to talk."

It’s like waiting on the rain in a warm summer day…

CLIFFORD: Fights. The fighting was endless. And it ended with Michael packing up his bags and walking out. You both didn’t even know what you were arguing about anymore. You called him, messaged him, asked the boys about him. But you could never reach him. One night turned to weeks, which turned to months. You gave up. You kept waiting for him to answer you, to take you back. But you didn’t even know where he was. You lost all hope, and you couldn’t make yourself move on. You here a knock on the door, and you go and answer it to find a note. 

6 PM airport x

And I sleep next to my window, in case you decide to come home…

HEMMINGS: “I can’t believe we’re actually doing this,” Luke mumbled. 

"Me either." 

You both were at the airport. The boys were going on tour, and both of you agreed to break up. It was for the best. Or so you thought. 

You both kissed with passion, like your life depended on it. It was like you guys were the only ones in the airport. You tuned out the whistles, the screams, flashing lights of camera and concentrated on this last moment with your boyfriend.

"Luke, we gotta go," Ashton called.

"I love you Y/N, and I want to make sure you know that. You are the greatest girl in the world, but I want you to move on. Okay? I love you."

He kissed your forehead for the last time, gave you a small smile with a wave and left to board. 

When you went back to your apartment, you sat next to the window and cried. You lost the love of your life. You wanted him to come back, or at least for you to call him yours again. Days dragged on, and you always sit near your window hoping Luke would be there, coming back to you.