prom

"Hurry up Dustin! You've been in there forever!" complained Lucas.

He banged on the door and argued with his friend. The door slammed open to reveal Dustin in a dazzling suit.

   "I was only in there for like five minutes, dipshit!" yelled Dustin. He stuck his tongue out and ran to the basement.

   "Give this boy a brain, God!" mumbled Lucas, slamming the bathroom door.

Mike sat on the couch, bouncing his leg nervously.

   "How has your leg not broken yet?" laughed Jonathan.
   "How have you not learned how to tie a tie yet?" said Mike, rolling his eyes.

Jonathan glared at him as Steve tied his tie.
   "Calm down guys! Tonight's gonna be one to remember." exclaimed Steve.

Jonathan, Nancy, and Steve had been close friends ever since the whole Mind Flayer situation brought them together. Since it was Christmas break, they came back home from college and decided to volunteer at the party.

   "Yeah, especially for me!" said Will, plopping on the couch.
   "How? You don't even have a date-" Steve smacked Dustin in the stomach.

   "Whoops, sorry..." The doorbell rang, making everyone jump.

   "I'll get it!" shouted Lucas. A minute later, three girls came down. Mike stood up and gasped.

   "Hey Mike." smiled El.
She wore an off the shoulder, black jumpsuit with matching heels. Her hair was curled up just above her shoulder with a black hair pin. Mike still stood admiring the girl, mouth gaped open.

   "El, you look-"

   "Smokin'!" interrupted Dustin, opening a box of cookies. Everyone turned their heads towards the embarrassed boy.

Mike went over to him and dumped the cookies outside of the window. He shot him a grin and went back to El.

   "You look stunning." whispered Mike.
   "Thank you," blushed Eleven, "You look very handsome."

   "Come on let's go! I don't wanna miss the king and queen crowning!" said Nancy. She took both of Steve and Jonathan's hands and rushed upstairs.

   "Shall we?" said Lucas, holding his hand out for Max. She graciously accepted and hurried after the others.

   "Shall we?" joked Dustin, holding his hand out for Will. He sighed and stomped upstairs.

   "Is that a no or?" questioned Dustin, following after him.

Eleven linked her hand with Mike's and marched to the car.

Pink and golden lights glowed over the dancing teenagers as the gang entered.

   "Holy shit! Look at this place!" said Will. They found a table and layed all of their belongings there.

"Well, I'm going to the desert table! See ya!" yelled Dustin, hurrying over to the cupcakes.

"What a fatass-Is that red velvet?" asked Will, running to the cake.

Suddenly, a slow-romantic song took over the upbeat one. The kids paired up with another and swayed in the spotlight.

"Uh-you should go out there you know...dance." stuttered Lucas.
"I may hate dancing but there's an exception with you." laughed Max.

She pulled him in the dance floor and layed her hands on his shoulders.