snowball

Mike sat down on his soft, grey couch, reading "The Fault In Our Stars"

The night was cold and snowy in Hawkins, Indiana. It had been a few minutes since their family had left from eating dinner.

The clock showed 9:45, which meant it was time for Riley and Benny to go to sleep.

He heard a door click shut upstairs, followed by footsteps coming from the stairs. He kept his eyes on the book and smiled softly.

"I finally got them to go to sleep. After a minute of tickling." scoffed El, walking into the kitchen.

"Your lucky. Last time I had to beg them for five minutes!" replied Mike.

She walked in the living room, a laugh escaping her lips, and played around with her phone that was connected to the speaker.

Suddenly, a familar song began to fill the two ears.

every breath you take
every move you make
every bond you break
every step you take
i'll be watching you

It was their song as many others said. One that made them feel happy.

El looked up and smirked at the man, dancing towards him.

"Oh, Mike!" smiled El, reaching her hand out.

Mike grinned and layed the book on the couch. He graciously accepted her request and took her hand, standing up.

He wrapped his arms around her waist and looked into her haze eyes.

every single day
every word you say
every game you play
every night you say
i'll be watching you

"You know, today was the Snowball." informed El, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Damn, thirty-three years? And you still look beautiful." he said, raising his eyebrows.

"Please, I lost my good looks when I gave birth to those little monsters." laughed El, looking upstairs.

"Nope, you're still gorgeous." argued Mike.

El smirked and shook her head. Of course she is, at least to him.

oh can't you see
you belong to me
my poor heart aches
with every step you take

"Remember when your dad use to get so mad whenever we kissed?" asked Mike, knowing the answer.

"How can I forget? He still gets mad! Especially Mom Steve." giggled El.

"They would both rush over and seperate us! Literally all the time." said Mike.

"And how Dustin, Lucas, and Max would always make stupid jokes." smiled El, remembering those times.

"Yeah, I always got so mad at them. And then you have Will just lecturing the three about not bothering us!" laughed Mike.

"We have the best family." commented El.

"We do, don't we." replied Mike.

every move you make
every vow you break
every smile you fake
every claim you stake
i'll be watching you

The two swayed to the soft music, love roaming around.

"When I saw you walk into the gym, I felt my heart stop. You looked stunning." said Mike.

"Oh really?" smiled El.

"Yes really. When you came in, I realized I really loved you and that I could not live without you. Everything I do is better because of you, El. You have been the best wife anyone could ask for. You're the love of my life." stated Mike.

El smiled softly and took a deep breath.

    "I never knew what love was, I had no understandment of what it meant. But when I looked or thought of you, I felt a new type of sensation. One I never felt in my life. I knew from the beginning you meant something special to me but when we were dancing, I finally knew what I felt. I love you, Mike." grinned El.

since you've gone i been lost without a trace
i dream at night i can only see your face
i look around but it's you i can't replace
i feel so cold and i long for your embrace

The two looked into each other's different shaded eyes and felt their love for each other grow even more.

They slowly leaned in, closer and closer until their faces stood only inches away.

i keep crying baby, baby please

Mike quickly filled in the space, connecting his lips with hers.

The tightened their grip around each other and deepened the kiss, feeling beyond happy.

The music filled the whole house, remarking the night of December 15, 1984.

They finally leaned out, the kiss still lingering around, and grinned softly.

Mike and El danced around in the living room, later falling asleep in each others arms on the couch.

ITS BEEN 33 YEARS SINCE THE SNOWBALL I'M CRYING THEY BETTER BE MARRIED RN OR I'M GONNA SUE