when i look at you

El sat on the couch, beside Mike, with everyone scattered around the living room.

"Alright, gather around!" shouted Hopper. They all settled down near El and Mike, finding a good spot to stay.

"Okay, this is a song I wrote for Mike a couple days ago and I decided that today would be the perfect day to sing it, I hope you like it." said El.

She picked up her guitar and sat in a comfortable position.

everybody needs inspiration
everbody needs a song
a beautiful melody
when the nights are so long

Mike looked at her in shock. He had never heard her sing before but it was the most beautiful voice he has ever heard.

cause there is no guarantee
that this life is easy

The adults awed the couple. They had always accepted them being together because the knew that they in fact loved each other.

yeah when my world is falling apart
when there's no light
to break up the dark
that's when i, i
i look at you
when the waves are flooding the shore
and i can't find my way home any more
that's when i, i
i look at you

El turned her head towards Mike and stared into his dark brown eyes. Those famous eyes.

when i look at you
i see forgiveness
i see the truth
you love me for who i am
like the stars hold the moon
right there where they belong
and i know, i'm not alone

Their love for each other was strong. Nothing could break it apart, they may not know it but it's true.

They were meant for each other.

yeah when my world is falling apart
when there's no light
to break up the dark
that's when i, i
i look at you
when the waves are flooding the shores
and i can't find my way home any more
that's when i, i
i look at you

Mike grinned at the beautiful girl in front of her. They looked into each other's eyes, receiving smiles and awes.

you appear just like a dream to me
just like kaleidoscope colors that cover me
all i need
every breath that i breathe
don't you know you're incredible
yeah, yeah, yeah

The kids looked at them intrigued. They didn't understand how much the two loved and cared for each other but it was an interesting journey finding out.

when the waves are flooding the shore
and i can't find my way home any more
that's when i, i
i look at you

These two need each other. It's like humans with water. A couple days without it, you're gone.

Especially now since they've grown even more close to each other. They were practically inseparable ever since the Snowball.

Sneaking out at night to see each other even though it was very dangerous, going everywhere together, smiling and admiring each other all the time, and last but not least, kissing and then blushing like crazy.

That was something they all knew about El and Mike, they were two teenagers in love.

i look at you
you appear just like a dream to me

Everyone applauded her for the performance.

   "You go El!" yelled Max and Nancy.
   "That was beautiful!" shouted Karen and Joyce.

The boys whooped and stood up.
   "That was awesome!" cheered Hopper, along with Dustin, Will, Lucas, Jonathan, and Steve.

El thanked everyone and went back to Mike.

    "Happy birthday, Mike. I love you so much." She placed her guitar to the side and connected her lips with his.

The crowd roared once more, a few fake gagging.

   "Ew, love!" complained Dustin. Max swung her arm at his stomach, making him fall backwards and others laugh.

They leaned out a bit, arms around each other, and blushed.

"I love you too, El. And thank you for the wonderful song and happiness you've given me." smiled Mike.

"No problem, now let's go open your presents!" exclaimed El.

She jumped up from the couch, took his hand, and ran into the basement, the others following behind.

i got so many stranger things stuff for black friday lol:)