perfect

el stared out at the beautiful sun setting by the ocean. it was one of her favorite things to do.

the way the vibrant colors would shade to dark ones in a matter of a few minutes was truly fascinating to her. the clouds tinted to baby pink as the sun set further down.

a shadow suddenly appeared within the sand, making its way towards her. it was a boy, about 5"7, curly haired.

"mind if i join?" asked the boy.
"come here." giggled el.

he sat beside her on the sand, curling his fingers between hers.

"whatcha doing?" asked the boy.
"you know, observing the world." replied el, still focused on the sky.

the boy nodded and stared the direction she was staring at as well.
"this is very peaceful, no wonder you love doing this!" exclaimed the boy.

"ever since i escaped the lab, all i wanted to do was experience everything i missed out on. explore the unknown," sighed el, "nature is beautiful, mike. everything is amazing. sunsets, the ocean, flowers, and so much more."

mike examined her facial attributes. her hazel eyes glimmering in the sun, her adorable smile, her pink rosy cheeks.

"but none of this is possible, without those wonderful people. hopper, joyce, will, jonathan, they're the best family anyone could ask for. nancy, steve, max, lucas, and dustin, they're the best friends ever. everyone helps me through everything, especially-"
"me!" interrupted mike.

el scoffed and layed her head on his shoulder.
"yes, especially you." grinned el. he laughed and layed his cheeks on her head.

"thank you." said el.
"for what?" asked mike.

"for loving me. just knowing you care about me is enough to keep me happy for my entire life. you're the reason i'm here. i love you mike." smiled el.

"i love you too el, and i'll continue to love and care about you for the rest of my life."

he lifted his cheek from her head and brought her chin up. he leaned in, kissing her soft lips gently.

el smiled and leaned in as well. the sun glowed on their faces one last time, setting back in the ocean.

   "aw, how romantic!" joked dustin. they leaned out and whipped their heads towards their friends.

   "don't you have something better to do than watch us?" asked mike.

   "nope!" replied lucas.
   "now come on, before i call hopper!" demanded max.

hopper wasn't very fond of his daughter having a boyfriend at a young age but joyce had convinced him that they were in love. no puppy love, real love. he let them be together but if he saw them kissing, that would be the end of mike.

the two jumped to their feet, slowly following after the three running kids.

   "are you enjoying this vacation?" questioned mike. el nodded and smiled.
   "i love it, so many beautiful things here!" exclaimed el.

they had all decided to go to the beach for summer break and it had been an amazing trip so far.

everyone had gone, the byers, nancy, steve, dustin, lucas, max, and mike were spending two weeks at newport beach, california.

they entered the elevator and pressed the "14" button. a few seconds later, the doors opened, leading them to the hallway.

they walked to their rooms, which were next to each other, and rushed inside.

   "goodnight el." smiled mike.
   "night mike." grinned el. she wrapped her arms around his waist tightly. he layed a kiss on her forehead and hugged her as well.

   "hurry up el! the movie's starting!" yelled nancy. they leaned out and walked inside their rooms, shutting the door behind.

el plopped on the bed next to joyce and focused on the big screen.

   "apparently this movie is "very cool" so i'm expecting some good shit!" complained max from the couch. nancy elbowed her and laughed.

   "el, what were you doing outside?" said joyce, focused on the screen.
   "looking at the sunset." stated el.

   "yeah, and sucking wheeler's face!" giggled max. eleven's cheeks turned pink.
   "hey! there's nothing wrong with being in love." said nancy.

   "only the fact that my dad doesn't like us dating." mumbled el.
   "honey, your father is just protective. don't let that ruin your relationship with mike. and if he does do something to ruin it, i'll be sure to beat him." said joyce.

el laughed and layed her head against her mother's chest. she slowly fell into a deep sleep, thinking about him.

meanwhile in the next room, the boys layed down exhausted.

   "goodnight guys!" said dustin.
   "night." replied the others. hopper stood up and turned off the light, darkening the room.

   "hey lucas? do you need your nightlight?" asked will. the boys snickered all around.
   "shut up will!" yelled lucas, smacking the boy's arm.

   "hey lucas i forgot, was it shaped like a butterfly or a flower?" laughed dustin.

   "all right! settle down." demanded hopper. the laughter died down to snoring.

mike layed awake, staring at the ceiling.
   "thinking about something?" asked jonathan.

mike turned around to face him and steve.
   "um-yeah." said mike.
   "lemme guess, is it about el?" questioned steve. mike nodded.

   "you seem to really like her, huh?" whispered steve.
   "i love her." smiled mike.

jonathan's eyes widened.
   "oh really?" he questioned.

   "yes, and i know, "you guys are still kids!" but i promise you, this isn't some childish crush. i care about her a lot and i would do anything to keep her safe and happy. just knowing she's mine makes me feel like the luckiest guy in the world. i really do love el." replied mike.

   "damn, that was beautiful," sniffled steve, "well, goodnight." he covered his face with a blanket and closed his eyes.

mike rolled his eyes and stared back at the wall.

   "hey, you're a good kid. and i'm glad you're with her." said jonathan. he patted mike's shoulder and turned around, falling asleep.

mike smiled and fluttered his eyes close, thinking about her.

lowercase intended:) i actually kinda like this one lol