masterpiece

el was surrounded by four bland walls, the covers wrinkling under her shoes as she entered the room.

it was the day everyone was looking forward to. the day her family established their home right beside the wheelers house.

hopper and joyce had gotten married a month ago, and everyone was beyond ecstatic. but what really made them excited was when everyone learned about the news.

the byers house was filled with people. they all surrounded the dining room, talking and eating.

"alright, alright everyone. settle down." laughed hopper, gaining everyone's attention. his eyebrows furrowed as he scanned the group. "where's el and mike?"

just as the words escaped his mouth, the sound of a door opened, revealing the two kids with slightly messy hair and red cheeks.

dustin and lucas mouths widened as they rushed to their friends, patting them on the back. "i wonder what they were doing? care to explain?"

el looked down at the floor in embarrassment as everyone laughed, dustin continuing to pat her back gently.

mike rolled his eyes and jokingly swat away dustin's hand from the girl's back. "will you ever let us have a moment alone?"

"never." smirked lucas, following his friends as they approached the table.

"anyways," hopper shook his head. "joyce and i have some very exciting news."

they all looked intrigued. "so ever since hop and i got married, we've been searching everyday for a home. it even got to the point to thinking about leaving hawkins. but a couple days ago, we found one that we loved..."

hopper wrapped an arm around joyce's shoulder and smiled. "it's really cozy and peaceful. some might say spectacular."

"c'mon, stop teasing us!" intervened steve.

"yeah, tell us where!" continued jonathan.

"okay, okay... hey wheelers." he saw both nancy and mike look at him curiously, "how about you say hello to your new neighbors?"

mike's jaw dropped. "no way. actually?" as both hopper and joyce nodded, everyone celebrated.

"yes!" smiled mike, picking up the girl beside him and spinning her around. el wrapped her arms around his neck and giggled happily.

he eased her down and stared into her hazel eyes, giving the biggest smile possible. "this is incredible."

"believe me, it is." el leaned in and pecked his lips, smiling in the process.

"not to be dramatic or anything, but i literally love them together." stated max.

el gave her best friend a grin and headed towards her family. jonathan looked down at her and will and brought them into a tight hug, making the others awe.

"you're the best siblings i could ever ask for." admited jonathan.

he then looked at joyce and hopper and held his arms out, gesturing them into the hug. the family held each other for a long time, soon being met with all of the others.