christmas

Mike fluttered his eyes open, immediately noticing the girl in his arms.

He smiled at how she tigthly held him, her head nuzzled in his chest.

The room dimmed with darkness, light taps being heard from the window.

He brought his hand up to her head and began stroking her brown curls, attempting to wake her up.

"Honey, wake up." whispered Mike, only making her groan.

He rolled his eyes playfully and thought of another to wake her up.

Mike smirked, finally knowing what to do, and lifted her chin up to his face.

He leaned in and connected his lips with hers, closing his eyes briefly. He felt her kiss back, informing that she was awake.

"You do that everytime." giggled El, sitting up.

"And everytime, it works." grinned Mike, sitting beside her.

She layed her head against his chest, hearing his heartbeat normally.

"Wait a minute!" shouted El, jumping up.

She ran over to the window and drew back the curtains.

Outside, white, clear snowflakes surrounded the festive landscape. Snow covered around the ground and trees, a cold breeze brushing through.

"It's Christmas!" exclaimed El, wrapping her arms around Mike's neck.

It was El's first Christmas that she had ever celebrated. She was very excited to experience the 'Jolly Spirit' as her friends said.

"I noticed that." grinned Mike, laying a kiss on her forehead, "Merry Christmas, El."

"Merry Christmas, Mike. Now let's go downstairs!"

She slipped on her slippers and dragged him downstairs.

The house roamed with a peppermint and gingerbread scent, laughter all around.

"I see you two finally woke up!" exclaimed Joyce, leading them inside the living room.

Six people sat on the couch and floor, surrounding the Christmas tree.

"How are you guys already awake?" groaned Mike, plopping down on the couch.

"It's Christmas, and because Dustin practically screamed at us to get up!" scoffed Max, grabbing five presents that said 'To Max'

"It wasn't that loud!" argued Dustin.

   "The damn neighbors came to complain." replied Lucas.

   "Anyways, let's open the presents!" exclaimed Will.

The six kids surrounded the tree, retrieving all of the present that were theirs.

The presents arranged from comic books to action figures for them.

Especially El, who had grown to love them over the past two months.

Finally, it left for the two couples of the group to exchange their gifts.

"I learned that you love photography and enjoy taking pictures so I decided to give you this." said Max, handing him a blue wrapped box.

Lucas gently took it and unwrapped it. Inside, a Panasonic black camera shined brightly, making him awe.

"Woah! This is the best camera around, it costs a bunch of cash." said Jonathan, hovering over the two.