t w e l v e

come to my office at the end of the day, i need to discuss something with you...

those words were stuck on seol's head the whole day. thinking about why the ceo would want to see her at his office really gave her a headache. even if she tried to work, she couldn't focus.

the photo-editing took more than expected. kihyun's face was there on her screen, in each picture she had to edit, it was just impossible not thinking about him. 

"seol-ah..." a male deep voice distracted her. she looked up and found changkyun holding some papers. "ah sunbae."

"gwenchana?" she just nodded. "you've been stuck here for quite long. it's past 5." her eyes widened as she looked at the computer screen, realizing it was true. 

"aish!" she complained, changkyun widened his eyes in surprise. "yah... why are you acting like this? why is your hair like that?" he asked coming inside, pointing to her messy pony tail. 

"joesonghamnida sunbae... i have a place to go." she said collecting her stuff and making her way out of the office. it was 5:32 p.m and she was supposed to meet yoo kihyun at 5:00 p.m when she was done with work. changkyun only looked at her and shook his head. 

she got inside the elevator and the small place welcomed her with a wide back and dark brown long hair. the lightened numbers made her realize the ceo's floor was already marked. the man turned around and she noticed a familiar face. 

"seol-ssi." he bowed, somehow she noticed his eyelashes trembling. 

"hyungwon-ssi." she did the same. the tall one was silent the rest of the way. she caught him staring a few times, moving his hands nervously. 

it looked like he was impatient or nervous about something, she was about to ask him if he was alright when, with a swift move, he approached the elvator's board and pressed a button to stop the elevator. it moved violentely, sending her back towards the nearest wall. 

he approached her and grabbed her by the shoulders. "where are you going?" his eyes grew bigger in a second, she noticed he had a light brown tone, similar to wood.

"uh- she couldn't speak, it seemed the words were stuck on her throat. "tell me, where are you going? why you didn't mark a floor? are you going to the ceo's floor?" 

hyungwon seemed nervous somehow, it looked like he was desperate. she wondered if he was sick or something. "uh- i... yes, why?" she was a mess, she couldn't even talk a proper sentence.

he blinked twice, lips slightly parted as realization hit him. "don't- don't  do it." behind his desperate eyes laid a hint of fear and terror, as if he was really begging her to not do. 

"w-waeyo hungwon-ssi?" 

"just don't, don't ask questions. do not accept anything from him, just say no to everything or just go back home instead but don't- he stopped talking and noticed the elevator's emergency lights turned on, he knew then if he kept the elevator stopped, alarms would go on and that would draw attention and explanations he didn't want to give.

blinking twice, he leaned back and pressed the button so the elevator restored again and took its way as if it was used to. he swallowed hard, jaw clenching. "hyungwon-ssi..." she felt her knees trembling, there were a lot of questions she had, but the lightened numbers told her, she didn't have more time. 

"waeyo!?" she asked, eyes glassy, desperate. he looked at her, his tall frame tensed at the view. "just say no." he said just in time when the doors opened. he walked out and she followed him.