t h i r t y n i n e

once changkyun and seol arrived the theater, they spotted jooheon talking with a few other fellow directors and friends in common they had. 

jooheon's eyes lightened up as he heard seol's voice calling him and once he noticed changkyun's awkward presence next to her. 

"yah! you came... i've been feeling so left out lately." he said with a pout as he hugged seol. she felt bad for having to tell lies to jooheon, so she glanced nervously at changkyun. 

"ah right, it's just- we're having so much work- 

"so much work." changkyun said nodding. jooheon glanced at both with narrowed eyes but finally laughed, his cute dimples showing. 

"ahh gwenchana! at least they're paying you good money right?" seol nodded eagerly. "well... i guess it's not that bad after all, not having you around actually helped me to get my shit together, i focused and circle... square... in my heart and bang! i finished it." he said proudly. 

seol and changkyun laughed, shaking their heads. "well we can't wait to see your short film jooheon-ah." changkyun said with a sweet voice.

"alright alright let's go." jooheon exclaimed as he led them inside. 

once they took their respective seats, seol was seated at one extreme, jooheon in the middle and changkyun to jooheon's right side. the theater was slightly crowded, there were going to be a lot of exhibitions, jooheon's included. 

as the screening started, seol tried to focus on the first short films. she had always been a fan of films in general and she supported jooheon's aspiring career as a director as well but her phone beeped so she pulled it out from her pocket only to reveal a text from the ceo. 

she didn't want to open it right then, not with jooheon and changkyun next to her. she knew jooheon would probably think she was being disrespectful towards all the directors, him included. 

so instead she put the phone back on her pocket and focused on the films. but the phone kept beeping. she checked again only to find 12 messages from the ceo and 2 missed calls. 

she felt her ears become warmer as her heart raced. "this is me." she felt jooheon's hand on her shoulder, shaking her slightly. seol quickly put the phone back on her pocket and nodded smiling to jooheon.

during the whole short film she couldn't really focus on it and she hated herself for it. but seeing all those messages unread and the missed calls from the ceo got her nervous. 

she wasn't naturally defiant, she had never been. but tonight, the ceo's attitude really made her act against her usual self. 

it was more than obvious she had left him both hurt and upset, but she chose this. she chose to come here to support jooheon, instead of going with yoo kihyun. 

once the screening ended, she heard all the people clapping and cheering. all the directors walked towards the stage to take a bow. 

seol took this time to pull her phone, only to find 8 more messages and 6 more missed calls. at this point she was quite nervous and even scared. she knew the ceo had a temper.

she looked at jooheon on the distance and then glanced at changkyun next to her. it didn't seem he was aware of her nervous state so she tried to calm herself to not give herself away. 

"wah... jinjja! jooheon is amazing." changkyun said coming closer to her. "don't you think?" he added as he clapped his hands for jooheon. she nodded.