s e v e n t y t w o

•  

"so what do you say babe? wanna work here? with me?" 

the words somehow echoed inside the room and seol's mind. she blinked twice and giggled nervously, hitting his chest softly. 

"you're kidding me." 

the ceo's face change, a frown appearing at the second. "i am not?" he tilted his head softly to a side. 

he took out a pen from his pocket. it was silver and fancy just like him. "i am surely not." he said offering it to her. 

"only if you want, of course." he added, licking his lips as he waited almost impatiently for her to sign. 

seol looked down at the contract between her hands and felt the nerves growing. she knew a contract like this would never be offered at graphic nation to her or at least not in the next 10 years. 

but her head was a mess of thoughts and she knew right then she couldn't give him a straight answer. at least maybe not a one that would leave one of them feeling frustrated, after all her dream had always been working at graphic nation so this sudden job offer was surely overhelming.

"uh- i ... - she closed the folder and hugged it on her chest, gathering the courage to look at him in the eye - i can't give you an answer right now. can i have please more time to think about it?" 

the ceo blinked twice, praying that his ears had listened wrong the words. "okay...? sure." he nodded, as if he was trying to convince himself too. 

"you can have time to think about your answer, of course." he kept nodding. 

the ceo looked away and brushed the tip of his fingers against his lips. "uh... how long would that be though?" he turned to look at her. seol's eyes widened.

she knew it wasn't a matter of a day, it meant her life. it meant all that she'd have to do for the next years. receiving an offer like this surely changed everything she had planned for. 

"just a bit more than a few days." they both nodded at the same time. "maybe it'll be alright if i give the answer to you when i finish my internships?" the suggestion almost threw kihyun to the edge. he hated the idea of waiting so long to know the answer but he also didn't want to pressure her. 

"uh- okay... - he nodded nervously - but if you have it sooner, do you promise to let me know?" 

seol sighed and finally gave in. "of course sajangnim." she said smiling warmly at him, approaching his elegant figure and wrapping her arms around his neck. "i promise." she simply said, sealing the promise with a small peck on the lips. 

the ceo closed his eyes and immediately pushed away the itchy feeling, surrendering to her sweet peachy lips. 

  • 

"you've been so quiet... are you in your days?" she heard jooheon asking from the kitchen. seol rolled her eyes as she looked straight at the folder that could be seen popping from her bag.

"no!" she simply exclaimed. 

jooheon appeared next to her with a bag of cheetos and strawberry milk. "what is that combination?" she asked with a disgusted face.

"uh... it's called lunch, have you heard of it?" 

seol stared at him in disbelief and shook her head in disapproval. "i made lunch and yours is in the oven."