t h i r t y o n e

the color leaving her cheeks were soon noticeable as jooheon entered the kitchen and stared at her confused. "yah... aren't you going to finish that?" he asked, pointing at the bowl of pasta between her hands.

she quickly blinked twice and turned to look at him. "ah... yes, it's ready." she said giving it to him with robotic moves.

jooheon shook his head and returned to the dining room leaving her alone in the kitchen. she felt her temples throbbing and her ears becoming hot. 

how did he know changkyun was there? 

she asked him before to be extremely discreet about coming to her house because she wanted to avoid that exact situation. now, she trusted changkyun. in the little time she'd been knowing him, she could tell already he was a trust worthy person, so if they were the only two people from the company, that knew about him coming this weekend, that only meant one thing... 

swallowing hard she made her way out of the kitchen and towards the living room. jooheon noticed her passing by and frowned. "yah where are you going? dinner's here!" he exclaimed. 

"u-uh... i am just going to plugg my phone, it's running out of battery." she lied as she walked slowly towards the living room windows. 

not knowing why, still she was nervous. especially when she peeked through the window in direction of the street, to see if maybe his car was parked downstairs, but the street was deserted. 

biting her lip she took a step backwards and slowly turned around and walked towards the dining room. it was so strange, she was dying to know how he found out about changkyun's visit. 

when she returned to the dinner, jooheon and changkyun looked at her confused. "aren't you hungry?" jooheon asked, she just nodded taking a seat in front of changkyun. 

"ah yes. thank you." she looked at the served pasta in front of her. she assumed jooheon must have served it while she was checking the window.

"weren't you charging your phone?" changkyun asked, elbows on the table. seol looked down at her hands and chuckled nervously. 

"ahh... it's just i couldn't find my charger... i'll look for it later, let's eat now." she laughed awkwardly again and looked down to the food. trying to regain her appetite was a hard task since she couldn't concentrate, not even to eat.

there was this thought hammering at the back of her head, about the ceo. 

it was so mysterious and she felt so nervous, as if she was being watched. 

even if she tried to focus on the conversation she couldn't. she was slightly relieved that it seemed jooheon and changkyun seemed to be getting along pretty well because they had monopolized the entire conversation about music and sports. 

she tried to eat a few bites but her appetite was long gone and even more when her phone beeped. she swallowed hard glancing at the pair but they didn't seem to be aware of her phone.

when she checked the id she felt her heart racing. she opened the text. 

president yoo: why is changkyun there? 

president yoo: do not lie to me 

her eyes widened as she locked the phone and pulled it down to her lap. she glanced nervously again at jooheon and changkyun. "uh... i'll go get more iced tea." she said only receive jooheon's mute nod.