t h i r t y s e v e n

seolie... don't go, don't leave me.

the words stuck on seol's mind, it wouldn't leave her thoughts, especially that next morning, when after waking up next to the ceo, he seemed to not remember anything that he said the previous night. 

he acted cool around, took a bath and wore a dark wine suit and he walked into the kitchen as he buttoned the sleeves of his jacket. "good morning." he greeted seol and mr. noh as he flashed a sweet smile at her and grabbed the cup of tea that was waiting for him. 

she felt a bit confused over his behavior and couldn't stop thinking if he actually remembered but acted as if he didn't. "good morning." she greeted back as she took a place next to him in the breakfast table.

food had been served to them as usual by mr. noh. this time banana and chocochip pancakes for the both of them with chopped fruit and warm tea with almond milk. it seemed like the perfect breakfast and one both of them could eat.

but even if the food tasted amazing, she was still intrigued over the ceo's sly attitude. 

"you look pretty this morning." he complimented her, glancing quickly as a warm smile appeared on his lips. he quickly returned his eyes to his phone where he checked the morning news. 

she almost choked with the pancakes, quickly swallowing hard and nodding in appreciation. "gomawoyo." she muttered, looking away and cursing herself for acting weird in front of him. 

that morning she had chosen a long sleeved baby blue short loose dress with hig heels. her light brown hair was loose in waves and her makeup was simple but cute. she made an extra effort to look good for him and apparently he had noticed. 

"well we'd be late for work, kaja." he said after they finished the breakfast. seol followed into the living room in which mr. noh was waiting with both of their coats and seol's bag. 

"have a good day sajangnim, miss ha." he bowed as he accompanied them to the elevator. "you too ahjussi." kihyun answered once they got inside the elevator and the doors closed.

the silence was tense, almost touchable. she glanced at kihyun but when his eyes met hers, she quickly looked away, feelings her cheeks getting warmer each second. 

seolie... don't go, don't leave me.  

words again echoed inside her mind. she noticed kihyun fixing his tie, eyes on the reflectant surface of the elevator doors. 

"sajangnim..." she called him with a sweet voice. he hummed with an interrogation tone as he turned to look at her. 

"d-do you... mm... what time did you arrive last night?" her voice was almost a whisper. at first he thought he had heard wrong but then her expression gave her away. 

he narrowed his eyes as if he was trying really hard to recall it. "uh... actually i can't remember, i guess i didn't pay too much attention." he shrugged. the elevator doors opened and they walked towards the covered parking lot. 

seol noticed they arrived a row of cars and kihyun stared at all of them with narrowed eyes. "i think we're taking this today." he said walking to a silver bmw sports car. seol's eyes widened as she followed him with her eyes.