e i g h t e e n

after jooheon's countless questions about where she was the whole time she was absent, seol tried to avoid talking too much about it and instead she focused on talking about how nice the decoration was and how delicious the food tasted. 

she was trying to avoid talking about yoo kihyun at all costs. she thought she was lucky enough that jooheon didn't recognice him from the day he drove her home, the day she told jooheon, that he was only a co-worker and he had believed it. 

after that night, weekend came and with it an feeling of uneasiness. seol spent the whole weekend wondering about the ceo and how she should act next monday. 

it was monday already and she didn't know what to do or how to act around him. she didn't want their relationship to change. at least kihyun had insisted, people in the company shouldn't know about the deal, that meant they had to act as if they were only boss and employee. 

"hey seol." changkyun's voice awakened from her daydream as he leaned on her cubicle's door. he was holding a white mug with the yoo enterprises logo on it, it had a soft 

"i knocked but - he pointed at her confused, clearly indicating she was spaced out. "ah yes... sorry, i got distracted, what do you need sunbae?"

"uh... nothing, actually... i noticed you arrive late today." he said scratching the back of his head. she sighed in relief, thinking he was maybe going to mention another thing. somehow she was now alert of everyone around her. 

"i had to visit graphic nation first, this morning... i have to go there at least once in a week to send my report."

changkyun seemed surprised. "ah really? woah... that must be... tiring." seol laughed as she nodded. she admitted it was, since graphic nation was at the other side of the city and it was a long way back. 

"alright... i just wanted to check on you - he cleared his throat - since wonho is away for the week, in you know... a business trip, i am the one in charge while he's gone so... i am just making my rounds, checking everything's in order." 

she nodded. minhyuk had informed her this morning everything about wonho's business trip. "gomawoyo sunbae." changkyun's lips curved into a soft smile as he nodded, saying goodbye and returning to his cubicle.

there were tons of work on her desk, she didn't know where to start but in a way she was happy that wonho was gone and changkyun was in charge, even if it was for just a week. 

suddenly her phone beeped and the screen showed an unknown number with a text on it. she frowned as she opened it, her fingers shaking when she read the words. 

+123456789: annyeonghaseyo miss ha, i am sure you don't have my number but clearly i have yours. this is ceo yoo kihyun, i need you to be in my office at lunch time, please clear your schedule and arrive on time. 

her eyes widened at the text, she leaned back on her chair, phone between her hands as she felt her heart racing. 

she thought it was really happening, he was contacting her. he was the one who initiated this next stage of their new relationship. 

the clock marked 12:10 m and she knew she had only 20 minutes to wrap everything and go to his office to arrive on time. 

she organized all the work she had done by far and quickly collected her stuff and went to the bathroom. on her way she didn't know why exactly she chose to go to the bathroom first. it was as if she needed to check herself in the mirror before going into the ceo's office.