f i f t y n i n e

•

"is your heart racing right now?"hyungwon asked once he broke the kiss. his thumbs rested softly on each of seol's cheeks. she felt the area getting warmer as he rubbed small circles on her cheeks. 

she couldn't tell a straight answer. her heart was definitely racing but she was shy to admit it so instead she just nodded and quickly wrapped her arms around his torso, under his long coat as she hugged him tightly. 

hyungwon didn't dare to move, he had been taken by surprise. he expected anything but a hug from seol. 

his natural reaction was to hug her back. 

his heart was about to come out of his chest in any minute. he didn't understand the feelings he had at the moment, but neither seol. 

she broke the hug and stared at him. he looked more relaxed and it seemed his guard had been destroyed by her.

"you should go, it's late." she said playing with the hem of her coat. hyungwon only laughed.

"what are you talking about... it's past 9."

"we both have work tomorrow." the mention of it made hyungwon's frown appear. he sighed as he looked away.

"also... it's getting colder." she said hugging herself. he sighed again. "arasseo... go inside." 

she looked at him confused and tilted her head. "aren't you going?"

"are you kicking me out?" he asked with a mocking tone, raising an eyebrow. innocently she shook her head. "aniyo. i am just saying... i'll just wait until you leave, then i'll come inside."

"why is that?"

she shrugged. "just to see you going home safely."

hyungwon laughed and shook his head. "aniya. get in... i'll be fine." 

she didn't know why she was sending him home. the kiss had been definitely recomforting but it was something she didn't expect him to do.

he had taken her by surprise that night and even if she didn't expect the kiss to happen, she felt warm inside her chest when it did. 

now, as soon as it ended, she started feeling nauseous and confused, not really understanding what where her position in all that and what those feelings meant. 

"are you sure?" 

hyungwon only nodded, motioning her to go inside. "kaja... it's cold." he agreed. seol just nodded and walked inside, stopping at the entrance's door to glance at hyungwon.

he looked handsome as usual, standing with style as he looked at her. she flashed a shy smile and rushed inside before closing the door behind her.

on her way upstairs, she couldn't stop thinking about him as she tried to order all the thoughts and feelings. 

she wasn't an expert in the dating scene and love science. it was the first time ever that something like this happened to her. 

feeling weird and flustered, the same feelings for two different guys with two different intensities.

she wanted to put a title to all of it but it was impossible. she didn't know how she felt towards the ceo now that all this happened and she didn't know how she felt towards hyungwon either.