s e v e n t y f i v e

the couple stepped out of the maze with flustered chests and not so tidy outfits after all. the ceo stopped seol, grabbing her arm, pulling her close to fix her bangs. 

"sorry about that." he whispered with a smirk on his lips as seol managed to fix his shirt. "i am sorry too." the pair laughed as they made their way back inside.

they stayed for a bit longer and tasted other wines. seol would always hold onto kihyun's arm whenever she spotted naeun on the distance. the ceo noticed but he really didn't care, he let seol do whatever she wanted. 

on their way back they would glance at each other now and then with complicit eyes. the air between them was somehow lighter. the awkwardness was long forgotten and for the first time in a long time, seol felt like they were actually a couple. 

she stared at the bracelete he got her as a gift for the first date and caressed it as a smile appeared on her lips. thinking that she was the ceo's girlfriend really filled her heart with happiness.

"we're here." the sweet, velvety voice of the ceo awakened from her daydream. she soon realized they were at the ceo's parking lot. 

they arrived earlier than expected since they didn't stay much on the tasting wine thing after the situation happened. that same night was hyungwon's birthday party and they had lots of things to do ahead. 

"do you know how to decorate parties?" he asked, looking confused at all the decorations mingyu brought for them, under seol's commands. 

she nodded softly but then shook her head. "aniyo... but we can look for some ideas online." 

the ceo nodded and pulled his phone as he looked for party decorations ideas. 

as the pair worked, mr. noh soon joined with a tray of fresh lemonade and cookies. "i am not an expert but i can blow up a balloon." he joked. 

they worked hard all the evening, decorating and cooking for the dinner party and a few hours later they were practically done. 

since they didn't know too well hyungwon's taste. they just made it all simple with black and gold balloons. there were also pennants with the same colors and small lights around. 

"shall we take a bath?" the ceo asked, now more loose than before. after what happened at the maze, he definitely felt more comfortable around with seol. his touchy instincts developed and he'd touch her whenever he had chance. seol never complained of course.

"i don't think so - she said with a smirk - i still have to finish these cupcakes. go ahead." he rolled his eyes but finally agreed. 

mr. noh, who in that moment entered the kitchen, looked at the pair with fun eyes. 

once the ceo left he turned to look at seol. "he seems happier these days." 

she glanced at him but quickly returned her eyes to the cupcakes. "hmm." she hummed in agreement. it was true. the ceo seemed more fresh and happier these days. he even looked younger. 

"i wonder why..." mr. noh started as he organized the cupcakes with seol on two different trays. 

she chuckled. "maybe because you're back from your vacation and you're cooking again for him." mr. noh just laughed. 

"or... maybe because you're back with him." he said with a smirk. seol swallowed hard and returned her attention to the frosting of the cupcakes.

"seol-ssi... - he said sighing - he really cares about you." with that seol put the pastry sleeve and looked at the living raising with warm eyes.