s i x t y s i x

•  

"i thought you said you didn't know how to play." kihyun crossed his arms on his chest as a soft frown appear. seol laughed. 

"actually... jooheon plays all the time so i know a few things." she shrugged. 

kihyun shook his head, a hint of a smirk appeared. "fair enough... you're quite good." he admitted, standing from the couch and walking around. seol followed him with her eyes.

they've been playing for the last couple of hours and it had been the first time she felt as if she was spending time with a friend and not with the ceo. 

he seemed like someone of her age, young, fresh and free of all worries. even though she knew he was still worried about the hyungwon's situation. but he surely had succeeded when he tried to push it away as he played with seol.

"are you going somewhere?" 

he just hummed as an answer. seol noticed he briefly disappeared into his room. she waited patiently, sitting on the couch. 

a few minutes later he emerged from his room as he buttoned a dark blue shirt. he was wearing a pair of blue jeans and a long dark wine coat. he stopped walking in front of her and stared down at her sitting figure. 

he combed his hair with his hands and seol seemed lost in the sight in front of her. "i am going to the hospital to check on hyungwon now, apparently he... woke up... will you be alright here by yourself while i am away?" 

seol swallowed hard as she stood from the couch and held onto his sleeve. "can i go with you?"

he closed his eyes and sighed. "back at it again? we talked about this, it's a no."

"kihyunnie..." she said with a sweetened tone, almost begging him. 

"no seol. you're not coming... i don't know how he'll react when he sees me so i am not risking you there."

she looked down, somehow disappointed. she was definitely curious about what hyungwon might say, but she didn't want to move from the ceo's side. she didn't want to be left alone there.

"i promise... if i feel everything's safe and fine, i'll bring you with me next time, okay?"

she only nodded. "okay. i'll leave now... i'll try to be back before dinner." he said leaning down and pressing a soft kiss on her forehead. 

not really giving her time to react, he quickly turned around and walked towards the door, disappearing through it. 

deep inside seol was grateful for this since he didn't catch the sight of her almost fangirling over his sudden and unexpected display of affection. she never imagined he'd kiss her like that and that provided her with great confussion, since she really didn't know where they were standing. 

after he left she felt like doing nothing so instead she stayed at the living room just watching movies on his laptop. 

there was no mr. noh around since kihyun had given him the day off so she had to cook for herself is she was hungry. 

as she walked to the kitchen to make a smoothie for her, she felt her phone beeping on her pocket. the screen enlightened with jooheon's name on it. 

she swallowed hard as she knew he'd probably scold her since she didn't return home last night. 

"yoboseyo?"

"hey... where are you?" 

seol frowned as she listened to jooheon's sweet yet worried tone. he wasn't angry, shouting like last time.