Chapter 6

Kara's Point of View.
Two Months Later.

I just walked into Ms.Grants office. I set my stuff down at my desk and Winn came up to me.

"Kara! How are you?", Winn asked.

"Good. You?", I asked.

"Good. Hey, do you maybe want to see a movie? With me tonight."

"I can't. I have an online date. It says we are eighty two percent compatible."

"You really can't trust those things. Algorithms aren't everything."

"Your whole life is basically based on an algorithm."

"I'm just saying. The right guy is out there. Sometimes closer than you think."

I didn't know what Winn meant, but I knew that it would be hard to find the right guy. It's just not usually me to find love. I then used my super hearing to hear Ms.Grant coming up in the elevator.

"Ms.Grant is here.", I said to Winn.

"How do you do that?", Winn asked.

Before I could come up with a good explanation of why, Ms.Grant walked through the elevator door.

"Ms.Grant. Good morning.", I said.

"It is not a good morning. I have a private elevator for a reason. Why does it smell like cabbage? I want to know who used it. Have them either bathed or fired. Your choice Kira.", Ms.Grant spat.

"It's Kara.", I whispered underneath my breath.

I followed Ms.Grant to her desk, where she was writing up something.

"Kira. I want you to hand out these firing forms.", Ms.Grant said.

"But, what about those peoples families.", I said.

"Kira. It is my business. I do what I want. The only way to get more money, so I don't fire people, is if we get a hero like Metropolis city has one. Do you see anyone with Superman's abilities?"

"No! I mean, no. No one like him."

"Then hand out these forms. Also, we have a new person in the photography department. Get the layouts for the next paper from him."

"Right away Ms.Grant."

I walked out of her office and went into the photography department. I walked in to see boxes everywhere.

"Um, hello?", I said.

"Hi. What do you need?", a man said.

He was still unpacking so I couldn't see his face.

"Ms.Grant needs the layouts for the paper."

"They'll be done in a minute."

"Well, Ms.Grant doesn't really like to wait."

"What? Is she going to fire me on the first day? She can wait.", the man said as he turned around. We look at each other and smiled. "Hi. I'm Jimmy Olsen. But you can call me James."

"Kara Danvers." I looked at him for a bit and then his name got to me. "Wait! The Jimmy Olsen! From Metropolis! You take pictures of Superman! You know Superman!"

"Yes. I do. You a fan of my work, or a fan of his?"

"Both."

There was a ding and then I looked over to see the layouts were done. I went over and grabbed them.

"It was really nice meeting you James.", I said.

"You too Kara.", James said.

I walked out of his office and took a deep breath. I then looked at the time and walked home. I called Alex and she came and knocked on the door.