Chapter 136

Two Days Later
Kara's Point of View

Barry and I were making breakfast, as Nora and Alura were sitting at the table.

"Mommy. Can we not go to school?", Nora asked.

"Why don't you want to go to school?", I asked confused.

"Because we wear the techie things.", Alura added.

"But you are still too young not to wear your power dampeners.", Barry said.

"But I like using powers!" Alura started flying, but I grabbed her down. "Why can't I just fly?"

"Because you are special.", I said. "Our kind are unique. Not everyone can fly or super speed to school."

"But it's fun.", Nora added. "I like speeding around. Daddy speeds around."

"Well daddy knows how to use his powers.", Barry added. "And when you are old enough, you can use your powers too."

"Really?", Alura asked.

"Really.", I continued. "But for now, we have to be careful. Ok?"

"Ok mommy.", Nora said smiling.

My phone started to ring.

"Who is it?", Alura asked biting into her cereal.

"It's Aunt Alex.", I said answering the phone. "Hey Alex. What's up?"

"Grid Lock is dead.", Alex said quickly.

"Oh my Rao. What happened?"

"We aren't even totally sure. Can you come down to the DEO?"

"Sure. I'll be down soon."

I hung up.

"Everything ok?", Barry asked.

"Can you take me to the DEO after dropping the girls off at school?", I asked. Barry was about to ask why, when I cut him off. "I'll tell you later."

"Ok. Girls, get your backpacks."

Nora and Alura got there backpacks and put their power dampeners on. Barry then drove all of us to National Grade School. We decided to have the girls go to school in National. We dropped the girls off at school. Barry then walked in with me into the DEO.

"So what exactly happened?", Barry asked.

"Someone killed Grid Lock.", Sara said.

"His transport to the DEO prison was hijacked last night.", Alex said. "All the security footage went dead. But audio was still working."

"When I was listening to the audio, I noticed something strange.", Winn said looking at the computer.

Winn pulled up the audio and we heard a strange noise.

"What is that?", I asked.

"I don't know.", Winn said. "I was going to send the file to the main headquarters. See if anyone knows what kind of sound it is."

Barry then looked at his phone.

"There's a crime scene.", Barry said. "I have to go." Barry looked over at me. "Will you be ok here?"

"Yeah. Love you.", I said giving Barry a kiss.

"Love you too."

Barry then super speeded away. After doing some research, I looked over at Winn.

"Ready for work?", I asked.

"Yeah.", Winn said happily. We drove to CatCo. When we arrived, we ran into Nia. "H-hey Nia."