Chapter 32

Kara's Point of View.
The Next Day.

Today was the day I was going to set up my plan. I flew to the Fortress of Solitude and set up my scheme. I realized it was almost noon, and I flew to get a drink. I flew back there to see MXYZPLX waiting for me. When I came down in my Supergirl outfit, he looked at me confused.

"Kara?", MXYZPLX said. "Where's your dress?"

"Yeah.", I said. "There has been a change of plans."

"Really? No matter what you do, you will love me Kara Zorel." I pressed a button and the fortress closed up. "What was that?"

"I just sealed the fortress and activated a bomb. The blast will be contained in here. But we will both die."

"Why would you do this?"

"Because you can't force love. It has to come to you."

"Please Kara. The world needs you. Please tell me the code."

"Fine." I showed him the buttons to push. "Here. Here. Here. Here. Here. Here. Here."

The letters formed to show XLPZYXM. The backwards form of MXYZPLX. He looked at me shocked. He then dissolved and I waved goodbye. I then changed my clothes and super speeded back to my apartment. I then called Barry's cell. He didn't answer. I left a message saying that we needed to talk. I then binge watched Bits and Pieces for a couple hours. It was getting late and I was about to get ready to go to bed when Barry super speeded into my apartment.

"You said we needed to talk.", Barry said not even looking at me.

"Barry.", I began. I had tears in my eyes. "MXYZPLX is gone. I tricked him into thinking that I was going to marry him by breaking up with you." Barry looked up shocked. "I'm still in love with you Barry."

"Kara." Barry sighed. "This is the second time you have broken up with me. I can't take more of that. I know you still love me, and I love you too, but I think the universe is trying to tell us that we aren't meant to be."

"Barry." Barry put the hood on his Flash suit back on. "Please. Can't we talk about this?"

"We already did yesterday. There's nothing else to talk about." Barry was about to leave when he looked at me again. "Give Monel a chance. You deserve to be happy."

Barry then super speeded out of my apartment. I sat back down on my couch dumbfounded. I then went to sleep on my couch crying.

*~*

Barry's Point of View.
The Next Day.

I woke up to my alarm. I got dressed and super speeded to Star Labs. We found out Shana can teleport if only she can see. I also went on my date with Linda. It was great. She really is an amazing girl. I then went back to Star Labs and stopped Shana. I hadn't used my phone all day, and apparently Kara called. I decided to go to her apartment. I zoomed in as Kara got up off her couch. I couldn't bear to look at her though.

"You said we needed to talk.", I said.

"Barry.", Kara began. "MXYZPLX is gone. I tricked him into thinking that I was going to marry him by breaking up with you." I looked up at Kara shocked. What was she saying? "I'm still in love with you Barry."

"Kara." I sighed. I loved Kara, but Linda was an amazing girl. I couldn't let her down. "This is the second time you have broken up with me. I can't take more of that. I know you still love me, and I love you too, but I think the universe is trying to tell us that we aren't meant to be."

"Barry." I put the hood of my Flash suit back on. "Please. Can't we talk about this?"

"We already did yesterday. There's nothing else to talk about." I was about to leave when I looked at Kara again. "Give Monel a chance. You deserve to be happy."

I then super speeded out of Kara's apartment. I went back to my house, where I let my thoughts take over as I slept.