Seeker

Minerva McGonagall pulled a red letherbound book off the shelf. She was about to add a name to the Gryffendor Quidditch roster. A little eleven year old who was about to be the youngest Seeker in a century. She wrote the name 'Harry Potter, year 1' next to the Seeker position.
   She put her book up and opened the second desk drawer on the left. Important paperwork was filed neatly, but she pushed it aside as picked up an envelope. She opened it and pulled out the letter and picture.

   Dearest Minny,

   Hope you are doing well. I'm pretty much the same, driving Lily up the wall as usual. We send our love.

   Now, I know I told you you'd never find a Seeker as great as me, but I was wrong. I guess it goes to show you that even the brilliant are sometimes mistaken. I've found (made!) you a replacement who will one day outshine his old man by leagues! I've enclosed a muggle photograph of your new Quidditch protegé so you may assess his skills for yourself. We have him chasing the cat for practice. By the time he gets to Hogwarts, he'll be unbeatable. The Youngest Quidditch Player in a Century.

   I guarantee it. You know I'm never wrong, Minny, you just won't admit it.

   Missing you and Hogwarts terribly.

   With love,
   -James

   P.s. Sirius said his marriage offer still stands.

   Minerva McGonagall wiped her face, put the letter back in its special spot, and smiled.
   "Right again, Mr. Potter." She said, closing the drawer.
   After his death and Sirius's arrest, Minerva McGonagall had read James's letter almost everyday for years. If someone had told her when they started school that she would miss them this much, she would have called you crazy. But secretly, she liked the pranks he and his friends pulled. Hopefully, though, the boy would take after his mother and stay out of trouble.