Friendship bracelets

Janice was visiting her uncles one day over summer break. She'd made Uncle Cecil a bracelet a few years ago for Christmas. It was purple and black with the words Night Vale on one side and Community Radio on the other. The Community Radio said had a microphone on it. She had also made one for Khoshekh that matched. Instead of Community Radio, it said Community Radio Bathroom with a cat on it.
     Uncle Carlos's birthday was coming up, and Janice was helping Uncle Cecil make him a matching bracelet. It took awhile, but when it was done, it said Night Vale and Scientist with a beaker. There were several rejects. One said Sceintist. Another had Might Vale on it. By the time they finally got one to say the correct thing, they had a large pile of rejects.
     On the day of Uncle Carlos's birthday, they had a supprise party for him. Uncle Cecil even managed to get Uncle Carlos's parents into Night Vale. The whole town gathered behind the radio station waiting for the code word. Uncle Carlos was with Uncle Cecil at the station.
     "Now for the Community Calender. On Sunday, we had the annual potluck. Monday was time to get ready. On Tuesday, we had to prepair. Wednesday through Friday don't matter. Today is Saturday, and today is a very special day."
     Uncle Carlos was on the other side of the booth, so he couldn't hear anything Uncle Cecil was saying, but they put it in code just in case he put the headphones on. The code word was birthday, but they wouldn't be in the right context.
     "When a flower blooms, it can be considered birth. So can the dawn of a new day." Uncle Cecil gave Uncle Carlos a thumbs up and he turned the weather on.
     Uncle Cecil walked out of the booth with the small box in his hand. He was wearing a wire so the others would know when to come in. He handed the box to Uncle Carlos and told him happy birthday. A few seconds later, the rest of the town came in. Abby got a picture of Uncle Carlos, Uncle Cecil, and Khoshekh and their matching bracelets.