6. The one the first class

"Follow me and keep up," The first years were all following Percy Weasley, and Elli just looked devastated knowing there was going to be another Happy in her life. "Be careful the stairs move." 

"Oh god," Elli looked up in horror.

"What is it, Elli?" Harry asked his new friend looking down at the small girl with curiosity.

"Stairs...  My old enemy," She looked over at Harry and Ron.

"How can stairs be an enemy?" Ron furrowed her brows together. "They just stay there?"

"Well I'm very clumsy, and may have fallen down them.... a lot," She took careful steps up the stairs. Boy would she have problems, and they move! This was going to probably be the worst part about school. 

They followed Percy through the dark corridor and to a painting of The Fat Lady. Elli thought this was rude to call her this, but Ron told her that was actually her name. Elli didn't believe it, but well Ron did know more about this world than her. And she was still impressed the painting knew how to talk and move. Elli wanted to take one home just to scare her parents. 

As they entered she stopped listening and just looked up in awe. It was amazing! It was small, but Elli never took anything for granted; she learned that at a young age. It had ghosts floating around and a fireplace that looked warm and inviting. 

She had completely zoned out until all the kids started to head up the stairs. She spotted Hermione and thought to follow her. She found her room with her name, Hermione's, a girl named Lavender Brown, and Pavarati Patil. She walked in to see the other two girls laughing in the corner sitting on one of the beds talking. She spotted her bed second from the door next to Hermione's and walked over to her.

"Hi, Hermione!" She smiled while sitting on her bed.

"Oh, hello Elli," Hermione smiled back as she unpacked her stuff.

"I'm so excited we are in the same house by the way," Elli told her while started to unpack her things. 

"Really?" Hermione was shocked by this. Why would this girl, who she met for probably five minutes, want to be in a house with her?

"Oh yeah! After you called Ron out I knew you had some guts, and that's what I like most in people. When they can stand up and not take other people's crap," Hermione laughed at her answer. She didn't know she had guts to talk to Ron like that, she was simply just trying to inform him he was using a made upsell.

"Oh, well thanks," Hermione took the compliment as she continued to unpack.

Elli was unpacking when Lavender spoke to her.

"Um, Elli?" Elli turned around and smiled at her.

"Yes?"

"Can I ask you a question?" Elli nodded. "Why do you have a weird accent?"