10. The one with a holiday break

"Nonsense," Hagrid shook his head at the four kids while they were walking through the school grounds. "Why would professor Snape put a jink on Harry's broom?"

Hermione and Ron had filled the two in what was happening during the quidditch match. About how Snape jinked Harry's broom, and how Hermione had set fire to his robes. Something that brought a smile to Elli's face, the greasy git did deserve it.

"Who knows, why was he trying to get past that three headed dog on Halloween?" Harry asked bluntly.

"Who told ya about Fluffy?" Hagrid looked down at him in shock, stopping dead in his tracks.

"Fluffy!?" Ron all but shouted in Elli's ear.

"That thing has a name?" Hermione asked in utter confusion why they would name a thing that was intended to kill people.

"Well, of course, he's got a name, he's mine," Hagrid informed the group of young students.

"Well, he's very cute, where did you get him?" Elli smiled up at him, not seeing a problem at all with the cute animal.

Once again, this child had been to Asgard... really, what could shock her at this point.

"I bought him off an Irish fellow down at the pub last year. Then I lent him to Dumbledore to guard the-" Hargid cut himself off as he realized what he was confessing.

"Yes?" Harry tried to get him to finish his sentence. 

"Shouldn't of said that..." Hagrid spoke to himself as he shook his head. "No more questions. Don't ask any more questions. That's top secret that is."

"But Hagrid, whatever Fluffy is guarding Snape wants to steal it," Harry deiced to try pleading to get it out of his half giant friend. 

"Codswallop, Professor Snape is a Hogwarts teacher," Hagrid gave them a serious look.

"Hogwarts teacher or not, I know a spell when I see one. I've read all about them. You got to keep eye contact, and Snape wasn't blinking," Hermione said as Ron, Elli, and Harry nodded. Because it was best to just agree with Hermione they had found out.

"Exactly," Harry said. 

Elli was already convinced after day one with this man that he was evil. He just gave her the stink eye over anything. She swore he said just like her father one day under his breath, but how would he know her father? 

"Now you listen to me, all four of ya," Hagrid gave them a pointed look. "Your meddling in things ought not to be meddled in. It's dangerous. What that dog is guarding is strictly between Dumbledore and Nicholas Flamel."

"Nicholas Flamel?" Harry asked as Hagrid's eyes went wide.

"I shouldn't of said that," Hagrid repeated to himself as he started to walk away.