65. The one with all the debates

It was like someone was pressing hot iron onto her arms.

She could feel every molecule of her body burning and changing. Her arms were strapped down, she couldn't move. But she wanted to, she wanted to get out of her, get somewhere cold. The fire was so hot, and it was being pushed inside of her more and more. Till all she could do was-

"Elli!"

Her eyes snapped open, grabbing onto the red couch, trying to grasp onto something in reality. It was hard when your mind liked to play so many tricks on you.

She pinched her eyes closed, trying to push the headache away. To her surprise when she opened them, it was one of the new boys looking down at her.

"Greg?" Elli pushed herself to sit up. "What are you doing here?"

"Came back to get some extra parchment before the afternoon classes," Sirius tilted his head to the side. "Are you alright? You were screaming when I walked in."

"Yeah, I'm fine," Elli rubbed her hands down her face. "Just a bad dream is all. Sorry to bother you."

"It's not a bother," Sirius sat down on the coffee table. "I was quite worried about you, really. You sounded like you were in pain."

"Like I said, bad dream," Elli flashed a small smile. "They've been getting worse lately. Just another perk from Azkaban."

"I'm so sorry you had to go through that," Sirius hated this, he hated that his future daughter was riddled in so much pain.

"I'm fine, really," Elli tried to assure him. "I just... get bad memories from my glory days is all."

"Glory days?" Sirius knew she was being sarcastic, but he was curious why she would say that.

"Not really glory days, bad ones really," Elli started to play with her fingers, picking at her cuticles. "My life has been an endless rollercoaster of ups and downs. Recently, the lever is stuck on down."

"Want to talk about it?" Sirius asked. "I've been told I'm a good listener."

"I just..." Elli took a deep breath. "I just don't know what it is, but I can never seem to just keep my family. Somehow, that happy little white picket fence life is always taken from me. I was born to two parents who loved me, who wanted me, but then my mother was murdered and my father was imprisoned for a crime he didn't commit. And I... was kidnaped and turned into a human experiment made to destroy the world."

"I don't think you will destroy the world," Sirius told her. "That doesn't seem like the Elli I know."

She gave a dry laugh. "Yeah, well, you didn't know me from the ages of two to five. I'm pretty sure I have a spot lined up in hell. Maybe my own special torment, but nothing can be worse than what I have done to other people."