79. The one with all the questions

A group of students met up in the room of requirements. But this wasn't for a DA meeting, they had other things they needed to discuss in here tonight.

"Alright," Emma cleared her throat when the last of the group arrived. "We all know why we are here."

"Um, I don't," Fred said. "I have no clue why we are here. I was just told it was mandatory."

"Well in simple terms, we're here because we need to help Elli," Emma explained.

"What?" George's brows furrowed together. "W-whats wrong with Elli?"

"Really?" Sirius scoffed. "You're her boyfriend."

"Whats thats supposed to mean?" George took a step towards him.

"It means, you should have seen it first," Sirius hissed, taking a step towards George as well. "You should have been a good boyfriend."

"Enough!" Jordan stepped between the two, shoving them back. The two still narrowed their eyes at the other. "This isn't George's fault, this isn't anyone's fault. What happened the other day was months of Elli meticulously putting on a front that cracked. She didn't willingly let us into that, she was forced into it. Need anyone be reminded that Elli was raised not only by a German scientist to be a spy, but two of her parents were as well. She's got tricks up her sleeve that we couldn't even dream of knowing."

"Jordan's right," Emma said. "I used to sit in when Natasha would train her, to try and help her control what was inside of her. Elli doesn't just fight people, she can play mind games on the best of them. She can put on a smile that looks so real you would have thought she got off a fucking ride at Disney. Thats what we've been seeing, thats what she's been showing us."

"How are we supposed to help her then?" Ron asked. "If she's that good at hiding it, how do we even know what's real and not?"

"Elli has ticks, so to say," Emma explained. "Her cuticles will be raw from picking at them. Her eyes will have bags under them, and her body will shut down."

"We saw that before," Hermione gasped. "Oh no."

"What?" Emma needed to know more.

"In our third year," Hermione looked over to Ron and Harry. "Do you remember? During winter break and into January, she was completely shut down. It's when we thought Sirius was trying to kill her and Harry."

"What?!" Sirius's eyes widened.

"You were believed to be a mass murder for thirteen years," Remus reminded him.

"Oh yeah," Sirius nodded his head. "I try to forget about what joyous years I have ahead of me."

"I think I know what might have triggered that," Emma looked down at the floor, trying to piece everything together in her mind before looking back at Hermione. "If she found out her father was a mass murder, she would have fully tried to connect it with her. Thinking that her instinct to kill came from, him. But... oh fuck."