38. The one with Dragons

Four champions were all nervously pacing the tent they had to wait in. They all knew about the task beforehand from each of their own means of figuring it out, but that was different from actually doing it. The day they would have to face a Dragon to complete their first task. It was nerve-racking just waiting around. Each and every one of them were still trying to figure out just what to do, each of them, besides Elli. 

She sat in a chair blowing bubble gum. She had a solid plan ready for the task. She just wanted this to be over with. She was wearing a pair of leggings, her Gryffindor quidditch shirt under special robes with the Gryffindor colors, gloves that didn't cover her fingers, and her black combat boots.

This could have easily been one of the least difficult things she had to do in her life. This whole task revolved around fire... it was designed for her to succeed. 

A flash went off in the tent as smoke flew out from the camera. Elli looked over to see Hermione pulling away from a hug with Harry.

"Aw young love," Elli rolled her eyes at Rita. "It's... Stirring."

She wrote her whole article about Harry, forcing heavily on how he was the frightened little boy who lived. Elli got a paragraph saying how she felt unprepared and terrified, and how her parents were worried sick. Also how she apparently 'begged' for Sirius's trial to be over so he could see her fight.

She burned all the papers she could find the next morning at breakfast. Rita just wanted a trashy story that people would buy into. And as Elli and Harry were very popular these days on the gossip train, her opening to talk about them was presented on a silver platter. 

Sirius did write a letter saying to be safe and to contact him when the first task was done. She however hadn't told her other parents the news yet, because if they knew they would pull her out of Hogwarts faster than she could say quidditch. 

Elli knew she could handle herself though, she didn't need them worrying when they didn't need to. There was already so much going on back home, so many difficult things they had to do. This stupid school pride thing didn't need to be one of them. 

"If everything goes unfortunate today, you may even make the front page," Rita smiled at Harry and Hermione.

"You have no business here," Elli looked over shocked at Krum for standing up for them. "This tent is for champions... and friends"

"Yeah what the cute boy said," Elli stood between Krum and Cedric, the three of them sending their own nasty looks at the smirking women. 

She was truly a terrible human.

"Good day Champions!" Dumbledore looked as cheerful as ever when he and the other teachers entered the tent. "Gather around please." And so they walked over to stand near him. "Now, you've waited, you've wondered and at last, the moment has arrived. A moment only five of you can fully appreciate-" He looked around then noticed Hermione trying to blend in. "What are you doing here, Miss Granger?"