3.

Elena's POV

I was now on the entrance of the high school to get some air because what happened in the auction wasn't what I was expecting and I didn't even knew how would be going out with an Original, even if it was the one I knew I could trust.

"Miss Gilbert..." A familiar voice appeared, making me get back to reality and turn around to see no one other than Elijah Mikaelson.

"E-Elijah... you can call me Elena." I said and he smiled a bit to me.

"I was looking for you. I would like to talk about the date."

"You don't need to take me anywhere. In fact, you don't even have to spend your money. You already spend too much in helping the school, which I'm very thankful for it." I said.

"I need to be honest with you, Miss Gi... I mean, Elena." Elijah said. "I noticed how nervous you were with going on a date with Damon... which is understandable after what you went through so I felt that I needed to do something to help you. I know we don't know each other that much, so I won't make you go on any date."

"Thank you for saving me from having an uncomfortable date with Damon." I said with a smile. "But I can't let you just spend your money like that. I know you don't have money problems but still. I don't feel right with you spending money on something that won't give you anything."

"What would you suggest?" Elijah asked.

"How about we do go out on a date but I'll make the dinner and the only thing you need to do is go. I would say put on a suit and go but I think the suit part won't be that much of an issue to you." I giggled, looking at him in a nice suit and he actually chuckled. It was nice hearing him laugh...

 It was nice hearing him laugh

"I think I can do that."

"How about tomorrow night?" I asked.

"Perfect." He said and was about to leave but I grabbed him by the arm, making him turn around to see me.

"I'm sorry but... I think we need to exchange numbers in case something happens or we need to contact each other."

"Of course." Elijah said and took his phone out, then when I was about to give him my number, I noticed him having some troubles. "My apologies, Elena but I think there's something wrong with my phone and I can't get a new contact in here."

"Can I try?" I asked with a smile and he gave me his phone, quickly I put my contact on his phone and took a selfie so if I called him, he would see my face, then I called to my phone from his so I would get his number. "Okay, let me take you a photo."

"Is that necessary?" Elijah asked.

"No. But it's fun." I said with a smile and after took a photo of him I add to the contact. "Alright. If something happens you have my number." I said with a smile and he nodded. "Thank you again for saving me from a date with Damon."

I gave a peck on his cheek and quickly left. I don't know why I gave a peck on his cheek but it felt right.

"Hey, Lena! Where were you? We were worried sick." Bonnie said.

"Yeah, I was going all over the school, looking for you. Why did you left without saying a word?" Caroline said concerned.

"I'm sorry, girls. I needed to get some air after all this auction thing." I said.

"Don't even tell me about it. I'm going out with Klaus..." Caroline said rolling her eyes but something told me that deep down she was happy.

"Yeah and I am stuck with Kol. I'm sure his picture of a good time is using a baseball bat to beat up innocent people."

"If he spent so much on going out with you, I don't think that's what he will do." I said.

"Yeah... and even if Kol is kinda crazy, you probably need a bit of crazy in your life... to make you not be only thinking about the bad stuff." Caroline said and I nodded in agreement.