15| The Plan

Kylo returned to the Star Destroyer. He climbed out of his TIE silencer. He was surprised to find Hux waiting for him on the landing platform. He did not look happy. Then again, he was Hux, when did he ever look happy?

Unfortunately Kylo knew the reason for Hux's scornful expression: his failure to destroy the two X-wings and stop the ship.

"What happened?" Hux asked.

"They escaped," Kylo answered, shortly.

"How?" Hux questioned.

"They went into light speed," Kylo replied shortly, the anger quickly growing within him.

"Why didn't you fire on them?" Hux asked sharply.

Kylo waved his hand, slamming Hux to the floor. "If you don't like the way I fly my ship, perhaps next time you should fly out to meet the Resistance yourself!" Kylo yelled. "Now get a track on that ship!"

Hux groaned as he stood. "At once," he answered.

Kylo stormed out of the room. Hux watched him leave. He couldn't wait until the Supreme Leader took the power out of Ren's hands. He wasn't doing a very good job of leading the First Order, at least not in Hux's eyes. Once the Supreme Leader took control of the First Order, Hux and Phasma would have complete control of the military forces of the First Order. They would essentially be in control of the First Order, together they would rule the galaxy. The Supreme Leader was there to fight against more powerful enemies. Force using enemies such as Ren and the girl. They only needed to take the power out of Ren's hands. But the members of the First Order feared and respected Ren. He doubted they would turn on him without cause. Thankfully the Supreme Leader was more powerful than Ren, he would be far more feared and respected. Hux would have to report Ren's failure to him, and see what he had to say about it.

Hux went into the dark room, and the hologram of the dark figure appeared

Hux knelt before him.

"Kylo grows weaker, but the bond between him and the girl grows stronger," the deep voice came from the hologram. "I have felt it. I must get control of Ren, then use him to pull the girl to the Dark Side."

"What do you need me to do, Supreme Leader?" Hux asked.

The Supreme Leader told Hux his plan and his part in it.

When he had finished, there was a cruel smile on Hux's face. A cruel smile. "Yes, Supreme Leader."