Never Alone

Several hours later, they arrived at Ach- To. They landed the Millennium Falcon on the island where Luke had lived for so many years.
Rey smiled and took Ben's hand, she gently pulled him from his seat and led him through the halls. She was eager to show him the island, the place she had always dreamed of, the place their connection was it's strongest. When they reached the door, she pressed the button and it slid open.
Ben smiled slightly at how excited she seemed to be to show him around. He looked out at the lush grass and the misty air. Large boulders were scattered all around. In the distance he could see the stone huts and as he looked out even farther he could see the ocean, just as Rey had imagined it. Everything was just as she had imagined, down to the smallest stones and blades of grass. It had to be more than her imagination, it had to be a vision from the Force. But why had it called her there? Was it really because of him, because of their bound?
"Isn't it beautiful?" Rey asked smiling at him.
"Yes, it's just like your dreams."
"Our dreams," she corrected him. She had often dreamt of this island, she had seen Luke in the distance a few times, but she had always seen Ben and she knew that he had seen her too. At first when he removed his mask she hadn't recognized him, it had been so long since she had dreamt of seeing him... through his voice never left her alone.
He smiled, "yes," he whispered.
"Ben... did you recognize me?"
His brow creased. "When?"
"When you kidnapped me in the forest?"
He turned to look at her. "When I turned to the Dark Side, I think Snoke blocked our connection because I stopped dreaming about you... at least my dreams were different I couldn't control them anymore, they were visions not like when we were younger and I could say whatever I wanted to you."
Rey nodded remembering her dreams of sitting on the edge of the cliff next to a boy with black hair as they watched the ocean. She could remember talking for hours with him when she was little, but as she got older she had thought that he was just an imaginary friend that she had invented because she was so lonely.
"I managed to slip through whatever block Snoke put on us long enough to tell you what mattered most, that I would come back for you. I looked for you on every planet that Snoke sent me... even Jakku but I never found you," he smiled. "Thankfully BB-8 did. When one of my officers told me that there was a girl with the droid I had a strange feeling... a hope that it was you. I wasn't sure because you had grown and changed since the last time I saw you. But when I saw you with my grandfather's lightsaber, then I knew because I had seen you wield it many times in my visions. Sometimes you slew me with it, other times you defended me with it. I knew that you would either be my greatest enemy or my closest friend and ally. Either way I needed you, I had to find you."
Rey looked up at him. "I suppose that they both came true, I'm just glad that we didn't stay enemies forever."
Ben nodded, then the visions of Rey dying resurfaced in his mind. It always lingered at the back of his thoughts. "Do you think that all visions from the Force will come true?"
Rey wrapped her arms around his waist and leaned her head on his chest. She knew what he was thinking about. "No," she whispered. "But I'm not afraid to die."
She felt him tremble in her arms at her words. "I'm afraid to loose you," he answered.
"Even if I die, you're not going to loose me Ben. Everyone who dies becomes a part of the Force, they are always with us." She sensed that he wasn't completely comforted by her words.
"I can't live without you, if you die I want to die with you."
"As long as you live a part of me will live within you, we will be one in the Force soon, and when we are nothing not even death will be able to separate us."
He nodded rubbing her back. She sensed that the thought of being together forever, even beyond death was comforting to him... it was comforting to her too. She knew that she would never be alone, no matter what happened she would always have Ben.

12k views, thank you for reading, voting and commenting!