Family

The next morning, Rey and Ben went to find General Organa, Poe, Kaydel, Finn and Rose. They found them all gathered in the dining hall for breakfast.
Rey smiled as they passed the three children, Temiri, Oniho, and Arashell sitting on the floor playing with their action figures. They had miniature models made to look like Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Han Solo and Princess Leia.
Rey went over to sit at the table with Poe, Kaydel, Finn, Rose and the General. Ben sat down at the table next to theirs. He sat close to Rey, but ate in silence, watching Rey talk and laugh with her friends.
Temiri looked over at Rey. He had always looked up to Luke Skywalker, but now he looked up to Rey too. She was just like him, an orphan who came from nothing. But she became a Jedi, maybe he could too. "We should make an action figure of Rey." He said.
"Good idea." Oniho agreed. "We should make a Kylo Ren too. So that she'll have someone to fight."
Arashell looked over Oniho's shoulder with wide eyes. "Oniho, I think that Kylo Ren is sitting behind you." She said.
"What?" Oniho asked surprised. He began to turn his head to look back.
Arashell stopped him. "Don't look!" She said. "Then he'll know that we're talking about him."
"Oh, sorry." Said Oniho. "What is he doing here? Isn't he dangerous?"
Arashell nodded. "Maybe we should hide." She said.
"I heard that he rescued Rey, Finn, Rose, Poe and Kaydel from the First Order." Said Temiri.
"I still don't trust him." Said Oniho. "Come on, Arashell." He said and they both hid under one of the tables.
Temiri looked at Kylo. He had heard stories about him, but he didn't look evil or scary. He looked like a normal person... only he seemed sad. Temiri noticed that everyone else was laughing and smiling but him. Rey and the General seemed to be the only ones who didn't act suspicious of him.
He looked down at the Darth Vader action figure. His favorite story had always been the story of how Luke Skywalker forgave Darth Vader and brought him back to the Light Side. He looked back at Ben. He wasn't any different than Darth Vader.
Maybe he just needs a friend. Temiri thought. He picked up the action figures and stood up.
"Temiri, What are you doing." Arashell asked.
Temiri looked at Ben.
"Don't do it." Said Oniho.
"I'll be fine." Said Temiri, then he walked over to the table where the rebels were sitting.
Ben had been watching the children. He knew that they were afraid of him. But he wished there was some way that he could show them that he wouldn't hurt them. Even in his darkest moment he could never hurt a child.
Ben gasped in surprise as the little boy came over and sat in his lap. "My name's Temiri." He said. "What's your's?"
"Ben." He replied.
"Do you want to see my action figures?" Temiri asked.
Ben nodded.
"This is Luke Skywalker." Said Temiri, showing him the figure.
Ben nodded. "He was my uncle." He said.
Temiri gasped. "Really?" He asked.
Ben nodded.
Rey smiled as she watched Ben talking to Temiri.
"This is Darth Vader." He said, showing Ben the action figure. "And this is Han Solo and Princess Leia. They were in love."
Ben smiled. "Yes I know." He said. "Can I tell you a secret?"
Temiri nodded. He leaned closer so that he could hear the secret.
"They were my parents." Ben whispered.
Temiri gasped. "Wow!" He said. "I wish that I knew my parents. They left me when I was little."
Ben clenched his fists, why did it seem that the most wonderful people were abandoned by those who should have loved them more than anyone else. "Do you have a home?"
Temiri shook his head.
"Do you want to stay with me?" He asked.
Temiri climbed out of Ben's lap. He stood in front of Ben and looked at him with an excited look in his eyes. "Can I?" He asked.
Ben nodded. He put his hands on his shoulders. "And I promise that I'll never leave you." He whispered.
Temiri smiled and hugged him.
Ben was caught off guard, but he returned the hug. He looked over at Rey and realized that she was watching him with a warm smile on her face. He smiled back at her.
Temiri looked at Ben. "Are you going to be my father?" He asked.
"If you want me to be." Ben replied.
"I do." Temiri replied.
Ben smiled at him and he smiled back.
Ben picked up the figure of his uncle. He smiled. "This looks just like uncle Luke." He said.
Temiri laughed.
"Where did you get these from?" Ben asked, as he examined the other figures.
"Me and my friends made them." Said Temiri.
"You did a really good job." Said Ben.
"Thanks." Said Temiri. "We want to make one of you and Rey and the other Resistance fighters."
"I could help you if you want. Maybe I could make a miniature version of my father's ship." Said Ben.
Temiri gasped. "I've always wanted one of those!" He said.
Ben smiled and scrubbed Temiri's hair.
"Do you know what my favorite story is?" Temiri asked.
"What?" Ben asked, stealing a glance of Rey, before he looked back at the boy.
"The story of how Luke Skywalker brought Darth Vader back to the Light Side." Said Temiri.
Ben smiled. "That's my favorite too. You know Rey is kind of like Luke Skywalker." He whispered.
"Really?"
Ben nodded. "She brought me back to the Light Side." He whispered, then he looked over at Rey.
Temiri looked at Rey, then back at Ben. "Is she going to be my mother?" He whispered.
Ben's eyes widened. He looked over at Rey. She took a sip of her glass of blue milk, pretending that she hadn't heard. But now everyone was staring at her.
"I don't know..." Ben whispered.
"I know that you love her." Temiri interrupted.
"How do you...?"
"I can feel it." Temiri replied. His brow creased. "You're connected... you belong together." 
"Do you think so?" Ben asked.
Temiri smiled. "I know." He said.

5k reads! Thank you all for reading, voting and commenting!