51 | The Battle Begins

Rey, Poe, BB8, Kaydel, Finn, Rose, R2D2, and Chewbacca joined the people of Naboo and the old rebels in the attack.

Rey pulled out the repaired lightsaber and ignited it. She had made it for Ben but it looked like she had no other choice but to use it. She only hoped she wouldn't have to use it against him. She hoped it wouldn't come to that. She hoped she would be able to turn him to the Light Side. She knew their bond was growing stronger. She had felt his pain and heard his thoughts even though they weren't having a Force bond. She had even been able to speak to him through the Force. She only hoped she could reach him and pull him out of the darkness. She imagined the time she had went into the Dark Side hole on Luke's island. She thought that the same thing had happened to Ben. Not physically but on the inside.

They ran across the meadow and into the woods. They ran through the woods, dodging trees and logs as they went. At last, they found the group of stormtroopers. The stormtroopers could run no farther, so they had stopped here to face the Resistance.

The Resistance and their allies charged at the group of stormtroopers. They fought their way through them. Rey using the lightsaber to deflect the enemy fire and to wound and disable them. The others using blasters.

A group of four stormtroopers stood, blocking Rey's path. They all began firing their blasters at her. She deflected their blasts with a quick stroke of her lightsaber, allowing the Force to guide her actions.

She sensed rather then saw one of the stormtroopers approaching her from the left. She swept her hand quickly, using the Force to push the stormtrooper into a nearby tree.

On her right another stormtrooper quickly advanced towards her. Using the Force to sense his actions, she quickly swung her lightsaber to the left. She cut the stormtrooper in the side and he quickly fell to the ground.

Two more stormtroopers still threatened her. She drew the blaster Han had given her. She held it in her left hand. Then using the Force, she leapt over the two stormtroopers. Blasting the one on the left and cutting the one on the right with her lightsaber as she did so.

Then she continued to run towards the First Order.

She could sense an enemy behind and turned quickly to see a stormtrooper pointing a blaster at her.

"Drop your weapon!" he said.

Rey waved her hand. "I am not your enemy."

"You are not my enemy," the stormtrooper repeated.

"You will drop your weapon," Rey said.

"I will drop my weapon," the stormtrooper repeated, dropping his blaster.

"You will turn yourself in to the Resistance," she said.

"I will turn myself in to the Resistance," he answered. Then he approached the Resistance army, holding his hands up.

Rey continued to fight her way through the stormtroopers. Until she saw Ben standing just a head of her. She lowered the lightsaber slightly and watched as he fought three members of the Resistance. She wished they didn't have to be enemies.