22|Naboo

Soon their ship landed on the beautiful planet. It landed near the capital city of Naboo. They came out of their ship to be met by a group of guards.

"Who are you and what brings you to Naboo?" one of the guards asked.

"I am Maz Kanata. We're with the Resistance," she answered, and looked back at the small group behind her.

"We are the Resistance, more accurately," Poe added, they were all that was left.

The guard looked at the small group. There could be no more than fifty of them. Possibly less. "You're the Resistance?" he asked.

"What's left of it, "  Poe answered.

"What brings you to Naboo?" the guard asked.

"We had no where else to go, " Leia replied, stepping forward.

"We are a peaceful people, we want no part of this war," said the guard.

"You live in this galaxy, don't you?" Leia asked. "Will you not fight for your freedom? Long ago your people fought for Republic. ...you fought for my mother."

"Your mother?" asked the guard.

"Queen Amadala," Leia answered.

"Queen Amadala?" the guard asked. "We have had many wonderful queens, but none as wonderful as Queen Amadala. I knew she died in child birth, but I never knew that the baby survived."

"Babies," Leia corrected him. "I had a twin brother, named Luke, but he is no longer with us."

The guard nodded. "I'm sorry, my lady," he replied. "If you are Amadala's daughter, you deserve our welcome. And I do not doubt that you are. I have seen her painting in the palace. You bare a great resemblance to her."

"Thank you," said Leia, she had always admired her mother, even though she didn't know much about her.

"My name is John. Come, I will take you to the new queen."

"And my friends?" Leia asked.

"They are welcome to join you," he answered. Then he led them to the palace.

They were greeted by the new queen of Naboo. She was young, not much older than a child. Her face was painted white and her lips were painted bright red. Her dark hair was put up in a very unique but beautiful way. She wore an elegant red gown, trimmed in gold.

Even though she was young, she had an elegant and powerful way about her.

"Your majesty, May I present Princess Leia, daughter of Queen Amadala," the guard announced.

"Welcome, Princess Leia. Queen Amadala was well respected among our people," she said. "I am Queen Natalia, and I am honored to welcome you to my home. I grew up hearing stories about your mother. It was those stories that inspired me to become who I am today."

Leia nodded. "I only wish that I had known her, your majesty," she answered.

"I would be delighted to share some of those stories with you," said Queen Natalia. "If you would like to hear them."

"I would love to," Leia answered.

The young queen nodded. "Tonight we shall sit together, so that I can tell all I know about her. But for now, I wish to welcome you and your friends."

"Thank you," said Leia. "We are all that is left of the Resistance. This is Poe Dameron, our best pilot." She gestured to Poe.

Poe smiled at Leia for the complement. Then he bowed. "It's an honor to meet you, your majesty," he said.

"This is Finn, he was with the First Order, but he has joined the Resistance." Leia pointed to Finn. Then she gestured to Rose. "This is Rose Tico...." Leia smiled at Rose. "... a hero of the Resistance."

Finn and Rose both bowed to the queen.

Leia pointed to Maz. "This is Maz Kanata," she said, then pointed to Kaydel. "This is Lieutenant Kaydel Connix."

The young lieutenant bowed.

"This is Chewbacca," Leia said pointing to the Wookiee. "He is not only a hero to the Resistance, but also to the rebellion, and the Republic."

"It is a great honor to meet you, Chewbacca," the Queen said, lowering her head slightly in respect.

Then Leia introduced the droids. "This R2-D2, BB-8 and ..."

"C3-PO," he interrupted. "I am happy to be of service, your majesty."

Leia smiled, it was just like C3-PO she thought. Then she gestured to the girl from Jakku. "This is Rey, she is learning to become a Jedi."

"A Jedi?" the Queen asked, surprised. "I heard that Luke Skywalker was the last Jedi."

"Luke is gone, now I am the last Jedi. But I have hope that there are more like me in the galaxy. I hope to see the time of the Jedi return, your majesty," she answered.

"That was a better time for the galaxy," the Queen agreed.

"That is why we have come to Naboo," said Leia. "We are all that remains of the Resistance. We wish to restore peace and freedom to the galaxy. But we cannot do it alone. We have come to ask for your help."

"I too long to see freedom restored to the galaxy, "  said Queen Natalia. "But it is not my decision to make alone."
Leia nodded. "I understand, your majesty."

"But I will have a vote, and let the people decide, " Queen Natalia continued. "For now, you may stay as long as you wish. And you are invited to join me for dinner."

"Thank you, Your Highness," Leia replied.