Hope For The Resistance

Rey walked over to join the Resistance.
"You came!" Said Finn.
"You needed me," She answered, then she turned to face the army of stormtroopers.
Rey ignited her lightsaber, Poe, Finn, Rose, Kaydel, and Chewbacca grabbed their blasters and began to fire at the stormtroopers.
Three stormtroopers came towards them. Rey raised her double sided lightsaber and swung it at the nearest stormtrooper, he fell to the ground. Rey used the Force to jump over the second stormtrooper, grabbing his arm as she leapt, sending him to the ground. She landed on the third stormtrooper, stabbing him in the chest. The second stormtrooper began to rise to his feet, but Rey kicked him away.
Two more stormtroopers approached Rey. She twisted her lightsaber quickly, striking them both down. She turned to see three stormtroopers attacking Finn, Rose and Poe. She kicked the first down, cut the second wounding him. Then she stabbed the third. With his dying breath, he grabbed part of her lightsaber's hilt and held it in a tight grip. As Rey was trying to remove her lightsaber from the stormtroopers grasp, she was unaware of another threat coming towards her. The first stormtrooper, who she had kicked aside, stood and came up behind her.
"Behind you!" Finn warned her. But he was too late, the stormtrooper wrapped his arm around her neck, trying to choke her.
Rey grabbed his arm and flipped him over shoulder. He landed hard on the stone ground, and was knocked unconscious.
"Wow!" Said Finn and Rose in unison.
"I told you we didn't need an army, just a Rey." Said Poe, and Rey smiled. Then they continued to battle the stormtroopers.
With Rey's help, and the hope that she brought to the Resistance, they were able to drive the stormtroopers back. Soon the Resistance was no longer cornered against the palace walls and they had more room to fight, and retreat if necessary. But they would have no cause to retreat, for more of the Queen's army had arrived at last.
The army came through the city to join the Resistance. There was over a thousand of them, and the stormtroopers found themselves facing an overwhelming force. They retreated quickly from the capital city.
The whole Resistance cheered for this small victory.
"After them!" Called a General.
"Don't let them escape!" Added another of the Queen's generals.
The Queen's army chased after the fleeing stormtroopers. Rey and the rest of the Resistance stayed behind.
"Thanks for coming, Rey." Said Finn.
"You came just in time," Rose added.
Rey smiled at her friends, but her smile faded as she noticed the sad look on Poe's face. "What's wrong?" She asked.
He didn't answer. He walked past her to where he had left BB-8.
Rey fallowed him and watched as he picked up the little droid. "BB-8!" Rey exclaimed. "Is he okay?"
R2-D2 and BB-9E rolled over and looked up at their friend.
"I don't know," Poe answered. "He shut down and hasn't made a sound since."
Rey looked at the droid. "I might be able to fix him." She said.
"Thank you," Poe replied. He rubbed BB-8 then picked up the com link. "General Leia, the army has arrived."
"And the First Order?" Leia asked.
"They have retreated." Poe answered. "The armies of Naboo are pursuing them now."
"Good," Leia answered. "Is everyone alright?"
"No," Poe answered. His eyes filled with tears and his voice broke from sadness. "BB-8 is down."
C-3PO had been eavesdropping on their conversation and gasped as he heard the news. "Poor little BB-8, He was such a lively droid." He Said.
"I'm sorry Poe, he was a special droid." Said Leia.
"Yes, he was." Poe agreed.
Poe picked up BB-8 and carried him into the castle. Rey, Rose, Finn, Kaydel , Chewbacca, BB-9E and R2-D2 fallowed him inside. Poe laid BB-8 on a table and the others gathered around.
Ben saw the commotion and found the strength to stand. He walked over to them slowly. "Is everyone okay?" He asked, concerned.
"It's BB-8, he's been damaged." Rey explained. "And what are you doing out of bed?"
"I was worried about all of you." Ben replied.
"All of us?" Poe asked.
"Yes," Ben answered.
Rey opened BB-8's circuit panel and examined the scorched wires. She got to work immediately, replacing the damaged wires.
Poe and BB-9E watched nervously as she worked. She replaced the last wire and closed the circuit panel.
BB-8 turned on. "Bleep bloop beep." He said.
"I'm right here buddy!" Poe answered, hugging the little droid.
"Beep boo bleep?" BB-8 asked.
"Yes, I'm okay, thanks to you." Poe answered. "You scared me. Don't do that again!"
"Meep boo beep." BB-8 said.
"I love you too, buddy." Poe said. "You almost died saving me."
"Bleep boo Bleep bop." BB-8 replied. It meant "you would have done the same for me."
Poe nodded. "Gladly." He said.
Then he turned to Rey and hugged her. "Thank you." He said.
"I'm happy to help," she answered, as Poe released her. She patted BB-8. "He's a good friend."
"Yes, he is." Poe agreed.
BB-8 began beeping again, asking where BB-9E was, and if she was okay.
"She's right here." Poe answered, and sat his droid on the ground next to her.
BB-9E beeped excitedly to see that BB-8 was alright. The two droids rolled closer to each other and gently leaned their heads against each other, as if they were hugging.