We Have Hope

This is the 100th chapter! Thank you to everyone who has continued reading after this long.

~ LadyArwenEvenStar

Two days later...
Leia, Poe, Kaydel, Finn, Rose, Rey and Ben were meeting with the Queen of Naboo and her generals.
"First Order ships have moved to surround Naboo, it won't be long before they launch another attack," said Queen Natalia.
"They have even greater numbers this time, and we intercepted some of their transmissions... it seems that Snoke is with them," said one of the generals.
"How are we going to stop them?" Kaydel asked. "We were outnumbered last time, and they've returned with greater numbers."
"Numbers don't win battles, Kaydel," said Poe. "In fact some of greatest battles in our history were won by the smallest army, isn't that right General?"
"Yes," she answered with a small smile at the memory of fighting the Empire with Han and Luke long ago.
"And the Resistance has something the First Order doesn't," said Ben.
Everyone turned to look at him.
"What? The two greatest Force users in the galaxy?" Though Poe was joking, he had a small amount of pride in his voice as well, he was honored to fight at their side.
"Well... Rey is the best. But I was going to say that unlike the First Order, we have something worth fighting for. Freedom, our friends, our family." He paused and looked at Rey, gently taking her hand. "And the ones we love," he added in a whisper.
"Awww" Rose said, then she smiled at Finn and he blushed fiercely.
"The things we fight for are worth dying for, the First Order can't say the same." Ben continued. "I haven't been here very long, but everyone in the Resistance has courage and heart, and that's stronger than the greatest army the First Order can muster."
"I don't know Ben, they can muster quite a lot," said Finn, pointing out the window.
Ben looked out, the sky of Naboo was crowded with star destroyers.
"To be honest I'm not sure if we can make it out of this one," Finn went on.
Rose took his hand nervously, she feared that he was right.
"Even if we don't we have something that will endure long after the First Order has been forgotten.... hope."
They all nodded.
"I couldn't have said it better myself Ben," said Leia.
Ben smiled at her, "I learnt from the best," he answered.
Rey leaned her head on Ben's shoulder. "You're just like your mother," she smiled.
Ben smiled and looked over at Leia. "Thank you," he said softly. He realized that deep down, before Snoke, the First Order and the Dark Side, he had wanted to be like his mother one day, but he could never hope to even come close.
"We've contacted the gan gans, and they've agreed to help us," said Queen Natalia. "But what will we do about Snoke? As long as he is in command, we will have no hope of stopping the First Order."
"Ben and I will handle Snoke," said Rey.
"Are you sure, Rey?" Finn asked.
She nodded. "We're the only ones who can stop him."
"Trust me, he doesn't die easily, I killed him once already." Ben added.
"Well, that obviously didn't work," said Finn.
"Maybe you should give me a shot, I'll blow him into another galaxy with my X-wing," said Poe.
"I wish it were that simple," Ben replied. "But I'm afraid that it's going to come down to a Force battle. Honestly I'm not entirely sure how to defeat him, only that there was an ancient prophecy in the Jedi texts that when the son of darkness and the daughter of light come together as one, they would have the power to stop the evil of the galaxy."
"Aww, that's so romantic," said Rose and Kaydel nodded.
"Yes it is," Finn agreed. "But how do you know that the prophecy is about you and Rey?"
"The prophecy also said that the son of darkness would be the heir of the chosen one. And Ben is the chosen one... Darth Vader... Anakin Skywalker's heir." Rey explained.
Finn nodded. "Just take care of her for me, Ben."
"I will," he promised.
Just then, one of the young queen's commanders came into the room. "Your highness, the First Order is preparing to attack," he said. "And I'm not sure if we can handle this fleet." He turned on a hologram of the space surrounding Naboo, it looked a sea filled with ships.
Finn shook his head at the sight of the command ship. It had been a prototype when he was working in the First Order. It was heavily armored and weaponized. This one ship controlled all of the ships around it, enabling the First Order to fly unmanned ships and increase their numbers over their opponents. It was like a hive and all of the other ships were programmed to defend the command ship.
"This isn't good," Finn said.
"No it isn't," the Captain agreed. "We intercepted one of their transmissions, they're planning on using the unmanned star destroyers as giant missiles, they're planning on destroying the planet. At noon, one hundred star destroyers are going to ram into Naboo at light speed."
The Queen's youth seemed to vanish with the weight of the burdens of someone twice her age. "It would rip the planet to pieces."
"They got that idea from Holdo," Poe said gravely.
"I think that we should evacuate the planet," said Kaydel and the others all nodded.
"Captain, start organizing an evacuation immediately," Queen Natalia ordered.
The Captain nodded and left to begin the evacuation immediately.
"There's no way to stop them," Kaydel whispered. "Even if Rey and Ben defeat Snoke, with this fleet the First Order will be unstoppable."
"Wait... Finn how can the Star Destroyers fly themselves?" Rose asked.
"They're controlled by the command ship," he answered.
"And what would happen if the command ship was destroyed?" Rose asked.
"They would be immobilized!" he answered, understanding her idea. "But the command ship is heavily guarded and armored. It has thousands of cannons on it, destroying it would be a suicide mission."
"Not if we sneak in," Rose answered.
"That didn't go so well last time," Finn replied.
"But it's worth a try," said Poe.
"Besides, this time you'll have help from the Resistance, and Rey and Ben," said Leia.
Finn nodded.
"I have a plan," said Ben.