62: What Kind of Help Do you Need?

Mark's POV

It's Sunday night and I am back here in Best house helping him with his school work and also I ate dinner in his house. His sister of course prefer having us here in the living room where she can see us because she said that she's very loyal with Ai'Gun which I don't really know why she's behaving like that but as long as she's not interested with Ai'Gun then both of us are good.

Honestly, I cannot concentrate very well today—not only today but since last Friday night because of what Ai'Fluke said. "It can't be!" I mumbled feeling irritated all over again while thinking of my Ai'Gun probably dating a girl. Why a girl? I am here! Why not choose me? "It's already late na khrab Mark, if we won't finish this then—" "I won't sleepover." I cut him because I know he would suggest sleepover again, "I am very loyal with Ai'Gun too. I don't want to make a misunderstanding between the two of us again," I explained because even though I am bothered, I am still coherent.

Best shifted his position so that he is facing me now, "Then you need to focus na khrab," he said softly to me but it only makes me frown, "I don't get it Best—" I look at him too, "Why does my wife na khrab wants to meet girls?" it's funny that I am asking Best about this kind of stuff, "Ahm—maybe because—hello Mark Siwat! He is straight na khrab!" does he really need to remind me that again? I roll my eyes before glaring at him, "Not funny anymore na khrab!" I said with my low tone voice.

"And it's also not funny na khrab how much hurt I am gaining in this set up na Mark." This is why I don't want to do this this, "I told you before na khrab Best that I don't want to do this because I can still have my Ai'Gun without your help but you insisted na khrab of using you and so I did—if you are feeling hurt already then I am sorry but you can back out anytime na khrab!" I told him because I am only human too. Of course, I feel mad at myself too whenever I feel like Best is getting hurt but as I said—I don't have feelings for him anymore. I don't want to use him but he said use him anyway—and now he is complaining about getting hurt. He can still run away from me if he wants.

Best suddenly looks so serious. His eyes looks so sharp as ever—the same eyes I saw when I broke up with him before, "You said—that if it's not Ai'Gun then it's not me—well Mark—same here—if it's not you na khrab then I'd rather not have anyone," that makes me nervous. I know him—so much that it hurts to see him like this, "Best—I don't want to hurt you further na khrab than this." I said before sighing deeply.

There are reasons why you shouldn't be friends with your ex-lovers—and this is one of them. The whole living room was filled with silence and I am so glad that Nong Rina is in her room because I don't want her to witness how I hurt her brother.

Again, I grab the neglected paper on the table and also the pen and started translating the lecture one more time. I didn't try talking to Best again because this kind of conversation isn't healthy for both of us. I was busy translating the last page of the lecture when I heard some loud footsteps and a yell, "P'Mark na kharb!" I quickly look at the direction of the stairs and saw Nong Rina running downstairs with her smartphone on her hand. I don't normally talk a lot to Nong so I am not sure what she wants.

I didn't say anything to her, "Here na khrab!" she pushed her phone on my chest and I frown, "Why are you giving your phone to me na khrab? I can buy hundreds of that phone without making me broke," I am irritated even before she went downstairs so it isn't my problem if I am throwing shades to her now, "P'—" her eyes are getting bigger just by look at me, "It's P'Gun na khrab! He said he cannot contact your phone," as soon as I heard my wife's name, I grab the phone on Nong's hand and saw the ongoing call on Line with P'Gun as the username. My smile voluntarily came out, "Thank you an khrab," I told her before pressing the phone on my ears and also trying to get away from Best by standing up and walking to the other side of the living room.