99: Social Experiment

Best's POV

Time check, 7pm already and I thought I was too early when I arrived at 6:45pm. Where am I? I am in Mark's university, the only café near college of Theater Arts. What am I doing here? I didn't go here by myself; I was summoned to go here.

Plus points, the drinks and cakes are really good here so it's okay to wait more. I also check my phone from time to time to see the incoming messages but the last messaged I received was the invitation to go here at 7pm. There aren't many people here and it's amazing that this café is open despite the fact that it's already vacation. There are only 4 costumers, a girl sitting in the middle with her laptop, two guys talking loudly at the corner, and of course me—sitting near the door. There's also one server today, a quite tall, tan guy, with great smile.

I drink my coffee again while looking outside. The orange hue and blue of the sky is making the road a bit dark already. I sigh before I heard the wind chime of the door. I look at it and again sigh, "Oww—sawadee khrab P'~" his perfect set of teeth greeted me. I stand up from my seat and wai back, "Sawadee khrab~" but I frown when I look at his back. He isn't alone; there is another guy with him. I was introduced to him before too, "Woie! Ai'—wadee wadee~" he sounds so playful and his smiling so big.

Both of them sit at the table that I am occupying for a while, "P'Best, you don't mind me bringing P'Yatch na khrab right? We are all going together in Korea na P' this Saturday," his way of being polite doesn't feel right actually but it's better than my cunning ex-boyfriend, Mark. He is—unpredictable, "Chai, I don't mind na khrab," I really don't mind because both of them surprisingly find out my phone number and both of them are messaging me from time to time about the flight and stuff.

But this is uncomfortable, "Ahm—Ai'Kris, what do you want na khrab? P' just got his pay check from internship na woie! P' can buy what you want~" and this one is so loud just like that Ai'Gun. Making me feel irritated because I don't want to think how Mark and Ai'Gun are probably having a good time together now. I sip my drink and listen to them at the same time, "Wow P'—congratulations na khrab!—" then Nong Kris looks behind maybe checking the menu, "Hum—maybe coffee latte na P'—and choco marble na P'~" then he looks at us again with his still perfect set of smile.

I thought this Ai' will go already but now he looks at me, "How about you Ai'Best? I mean, I know that you have your food already na khrab but do you still want more? I can buy for us na Ai'~" dead-pan, I want to have my poker face but I know that I need to stay polite, "Thank you Ai'Yatch, but I am good already," so I declined him politely. He nods anyway and then stands up already.

When Ai'Yatch went to the counter already, the awkwardness doubled up—so instead of having a conversation, I decided to focus on my cake. The spoon is already in front of my mouth, "You were P'Mark's ex-boyfriend na khrab, right P'Best?" nothing new actually so I still eat the cake on my spoon and hum as a response, "Don't you—feel hurt na khrab P' that—P'Mark is running after my P'Gun na khrab?" I chuckled, "You aren't the first person na khrab that hit that fact on my face na Nong, and to answer you—Mark made it clear to me from the beginning na khrab that he loves Ai'Gun—and not me anymore," just what kind of person these people think of me?

Third party? Wreaker? Actually, he is mine first and Ai'Gun came into the picture and decided to steal those affections away from me. The only wrong thing I did is agreeing to break up with him before, "And you are okay with that P'?"