8: Should I Call you Oppa or P'?

Hyuk's POV

It's already Tuesday and I can't believe that the first thing that woke Hae and I up are the loud noises coming from downstairs, "I think we should invite all of Oppa's friend here in Thailand kah~" but another loud voice follower, "Chai—good idea Nong. Ai'Cap and I can go to the College of Engineer na khrab later!" Hae and I are on the way down already and the noises are getting louder and louder, "Mae khrab, are we going to celebrate it here in the house khrab?"

My brothers are always excited for parties but having Heemi with them is a total game changer. That girl learned a lot from his Appa who likes to surprise Heechul hyung. "Chai kah—we will move your Pa's scooter and my small garden so people can have more space to roam around."

"Shouldn't you ask the birthday boy first, khrab?" I decided to show up with my sleepy Hae beside me. Everyone looks at us. From Ai'Cap and Ai'Gun that has paper and pen on their hands, to Mae and Pa that are both standing up, and Heenim that's leaning on the table, and Heechul Hyung that still has his morning coffee.

"My daughter and your brothers are planning your party Hyuk. Don't ruin the fun." As I said, even though people will look at Heechul Hyung as a bully mother, but he loves his daughter so much. They won't be even here in Thailand with us if Heemi didn't ask him to.

Hae chuckled beside be, "I like parties—and I can meet more of your friends Hyukkie." Hae said and that is enough reason to convince me. "Okay, let's have the party." Everybody laughs and I am not sure why, "Double standard na P'?" Ai'Gun commented which makes them laugh even more. I pull my Hae and hug him, "Woie you cannot say that Ai'. Your P' is happy as long as his wife is happy, khrab~" but they are still laughing.

I am the center of attention now but I can only whisper one thing, "I missed this, Hae." Because I don't have enough opportunity is Korea to laugh like this. "I know—and I am happy for you, Hyukkie." And he whispered back at me.

-----

Flashback

"Unni, have you met the new employee?" I didn't mean to overhear a conversation but I am on my way to the pantry and there are 3 female employees talking. I was able to understand them because they are talking in English. Our company is an international company and it's a rule here to keep on speaking English even on our breaks to help us communicate more. "Ani—why?" The other girl asked and I know that they are talking to me.

[ani / aniyo – no in Korean language]

I decided to hide a bit and to listen. My parents told me that I should always leave a good impression to people around me. "Are we talking about that guy from Thailand? What's his name again?" I am sure that I spell my name and enunciate it very well for them to remember me. "Nirah? Nibah? I am not sure—but why do you think the HR department hired him?" my heartbeats start to double up as the conversation go on.

"Do you think he has connection, Unni? He doesn't have experience yet." And then a loud gasp can be heard, "Really? How did you know?" I close my eyes and think of an idea how to make them know that I don't have any connection in the company. "Do you know Sunny Unni?" "Neh, from HR department, right?" I also know her. She oriented me, "She told me that they were so shocked when the HR head announced that they hired someone from Thailand. Well—she said that the credentials are really impressive—like top of the class but still he is a fresh grad and doesn't speak Korean at all."