80: Jiayou, Meimei!

Heemi's POV

Going back to Korea and not being able to play with my Thai friends and even talk to Rina Unnie is so frustrating. I've been stuck here in our house for 1 whole freaking week because Baba doesn't want to go out. He said that watching movies and dramas in the house is better. At first, I was so thrilled like, "WOW! ALONE TIME NA KAH WITH BABA!!" but after watching countless of movies and finishing some Chinese, Korean, and even French dramas—is making me bored. Good thing, during the weekend, I received a very interesting call from Rina Unnie about Gun Gege.

My Unnie, she's the only one that remembers me. Cap Gege and Gun Gege aren't messaging me lately, even P'Title (Yes! He is now a P' because I've taken P'Cooheart's words seriously) that told me he will keep in touch with me isn't messaging me for good 3 days now. Am I being demanding? But I feel sad and betrayed by them. "Mei Mei, that was the 20th time you sigh deeply today," Baba told me while both of us are again sitting here in the living room and watching a Thai series because I said I want to watch it. My Umma is at work, so meaning Hyuk Oppa is also at work while Donghae Oppa is helping at his family café today.

"Baba—I am so bored na kah~" I whined because I don't like being stuck inside the house. I am a free soul, I need to go out and breathe fresh air and play. "Xiao Meimei, ni weishenme wuliao? [妹妹你nǐ什么无聊]" he asked me using his strong Chinese dialect that he only uses when we are in China. Our grandparents don't like it when we speak differently like me; I speak in Chinese, Korean, and Thai. They think it will be an embarrassment to the family when we talked like that.

[妹妹你nǐ什么无聊 -- Younger Sister, why are you bored?]

I totally ignore the TV and look at Baba with serious gaze, "Baba, wo bei kun zai wuli yige xingqi le women chuqu ba! [我被困在屋里一个星期了 们出去吧!]" and when he speaks Chinese, it means I need to speak Chinese too. With all the effort I did to speak in straight Chinese, Baba only pats my head, "Maybe tomorrow Meimei. I am a bit—tired right now~" and then he stands up leaving his phone with me because I've been playing games since this morning. I sigh because I don't understand why Baba isn't active these days. I mean, I know he might be broken hearted or something but that doesn't mean I need to be stuck here with him without even seeing the sunlight.

[我被困在屋里一个星期了 们出去吧! -- I've been stuck in the house for one week. Let's go out!]

Speaking of his phone, I know one person that can help me understand my Baba. I quickly stand up too leaving the TV open and run fast to my bedroom before Baba remembers his smartphone with me. I close the door—double lock it before jumping on my bed and scrolling on Baba's phone. It doesn't have passcode anyway because Baba removes it before giving it to me. He doesn't like being interrupted many times by me for the passcode, "You let your guard down na kah Baba. You don't understand how smart Heemi na kah~" I talked to myself before looking at his call log.

"Nainai—Yeye—Mama—Heemi—Appa~" I read the names while scrolling it down, "Why can't I find it na kah?" I asked myself as I continue seeing the names of my uncles and aunts and even my parents name but not—"BINGO!" I said loudly before I can even stop myself. I cover my mouth too late but I think Baba wasn't able to hear me because I can't hear any movements from the outside. I left the TV open so probably that's noisier than my sudden outburst.