Chapter 1: Missing

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BE-!

The alarm clock jolted Ryan out of his nightmare. Slamming his hand on the OFF button, he groaned as the nightmare popped up. It's sad to say he is used to it by now.

Ryan just wanted to roll over a sleep for eternity for one reason only. It was August 22, the day he turned 15 and the day his parents died. Judging by the amount of light shining though the window, he knew he had to get up. He didn't want to though.

So, following his wishes, he covered his eyes with his arm, and went back to sleep again, hoping for a dreamless sleep.

He was thankful however that today was a Sunday, meaning school officially started tomorrow. So he was glad he didn't need to go and do work on the day he wanted to roll over and sleep. Plus it wouldnt seem strange in front of his friends.

A loud ringing thrown Ryan out of his peaceful sleep. His phone was ringing, the name Tori flashing up.

Ryan contemplated whether to answer it or not. He decided to answer it. If they found out he ignored a call, they weren't going to let him live it down.

As he reached for it, it stopped. Sighing, he reached over, unplugged it, and pushed the power button.

Amazing how seeing the time can make you go from sleepy to energetic instantly. Ah, the wonders of adrenaline.

His phone read:

 11:45 A.M.

Three missed phone calls from: Tori, Matt, Tori.

13 unread messages from: Tori, Lexi, Matt, Lexi, Matt, Lexi, Tori, Matt, Lexi, Tori, Matt, Lexi, Tori

Once what his phone read registered in his brain, he groaned. Quickly unlocking his phone, he went and read the messages in the group chat they have.

Messages at 8:15 A.M.

Tori: Ryan! Are you still sleeping?!

Lexi: He probably still is Tori. It's eight. All guys sleep in later if they are allowed to.

Matt: I take great offense to that!

He snorted at the image that popped into his head. He could see Matt being over dramatic, holding a hand over his heart.

Lexi: Oh you're up.

Matt: Ya, I'm lazy but I'm not that lazy.

Lexi: You sure about that?

There's the burn he was waiting for.

Tori: You guys wanna get some food to eat? While we wait for someone to wake up.

'Well jezz Tori' Ryan thought. 'No need to avoid my name.'

Matt: Sure!

Lexi: See you in ten.

Messages at 11:30 A.M.

Tori: Ryan! Are you okay? We stopped by but you wouldn't answer.

After reading that, he began to plan out his will. If they stopped by and he didn't answer, they were going to grill the answers out of him.

Matt: Ya dude, you okay? You haven't talked to us all day.

Lexi: I agree with them. You feel alright?

The world's ending Ryan decided. If Lexi shows that much care, you might want to prepare for the apocalypse.